BCPS 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ICU2022

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow pharmacists,
I am thinking of getting my BCPS this coming spring 2016. How long will it take for me to study for this exam considering that i am a full time pharmacist and a full time mom? and will ACCP 2015 material enough to pass or should I wait until 2016 materials to come out? Any advice? Much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Re statistics: I know it's a huge part of the exam, I'm currently looking at practise questions and have found a big difference in understanding between the mock questions in the Med101 statistics guide and the ACCP statistics book. For those who have sat the exam, are the questions in the exam similar to the Med101 or the ACCP book? I find the ACCP questions are a lot harder and require a deeper understanding of statistics..

I only have BSPharm and never took biostats before. I did just fine with ACCP prep courses. I didn't do as many practice questions when I took the BCACP back in 2013. I did more practice questions when I took the BCPS last year. I went with the mock exams. Just a piece of advice, UNDERSTAND AND KNOW YOUR BIOSTATS AND STUDY DESIGNS. Use the mock exams for biostats and study designs practice questions. Don't use the mock exams for therapeutics because they are different from the questions on the actual exam. You can use it but don't panic if you can't answer the questions on the mock exams. Good luck! :)

Thanks Kuvan. So the questions are similar to those in the mock exams? As I can do the majority of those questions, struggling with the regression questions only..

Thanks Kuvan. So the questions are similar to those in the mock exams? As I can do the majority of those questions, struggling with the regression questions only..

Not exactly the same, but if you have the mock exams, use them to practice stats and study designs. The more you practice, the easier it gets. That way, you won't spend too much time on them during the exam. Gotta make sure you don't run out of time. Good luck! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Any advice re the regulatory stuff? Considering I'm not from the states, it looks tough..

What is the difference between bCACP and bcps . What are the requirements in terms of practice experience from each. Do you think I would qualify for bcps if my experience were mainly in retail.?

Any advice re the regulatory stuff? Considering I'm not from the states, it looks tough..

There were a lot of questions on regulatory stuff. Those chapters are very dry and hard to get through. HA! That's just my opinion. There were questions on IRB, sources to look up drug info, etc. That was the worst domain for me. :eek:

What is the difference between bCACP and bcps . What are the requirements in terms of practice experience from each. Do you think I would qualify for bcps if my experience were mainly in retail.?

BCACP mostly deals with chronic diseases, MTM, how to set up clinics, etc. BCPS deals with chronic diseases and acute care. Yes, you can sit for the BCPS exam because I've been in retail for 16+ years. Good luck! :)

How are you guys studying for the regulatory section? Do you guys know of a good source? Also, PM me if you have High-Yield Med Review Question bank or the mock exams.

How are you guys studying for the regulatory section? Do you guys know of a good source? Also, PM me if you have High-Yield Med Review Question bank or the mock exams.

I sucked at that, so I can't really help you. HA! Just read those chapters and try to remember the regulations and policies. Sorry! :(

Hello,
Anyone interested in buying Pharmacotherapy Preparatory Review and Recertification Course, 2015 Edition (Print Workbook
Course workbook in a 2-volume perfect-bound book and the audio CD)?

Hey, I'll be taking the BCPS exam in a couple of weeks and I wanted to verify the experience of taking the test, as compared with a demo from the bps website. Are you actually allowed to skip questions and go back to them later ? I would like to be able to save as much time as possible by doing this instead of realizing during the test that I can't go back after skipping multiple questions and proceeding to fail, LOL.

Hey, I'll be taking the BCPS exam in a couple of weeks and I wanted to verify the experience of taking the test, as compared with a demo from the bps website. Are you actually allowed to skip questions and go back to them later ? I would like to be able to save as much time as possible by doing this instead of realizing during the test that I can't go back after skipping multiple questions and proceeding to fail, LOL.

What I did was I picked an answer and then flagged the question so that I could go back through all the flagged questions later. Make an educated guess and pick one, don't leave any questions blank. Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
What I did was I picked an answer and then flagged the question so that I could go back through all the flagged questions later. Make an educated guess and pick one, don't leave any questions blank. Best of luck!

Kuvan, how much of the paper was clinical? A lot of pharmacists mention that a lot of the clinical material doesn't come up at all..

I'm rethinking whether or not I should make sure to read the workbook AND listen to the corresponding lecture in every single therapeutic area if I can better use the next two weeks to focus the majority of my time on statistics and study designs +/- policy questions and kinetics. Is it really a big deal if I just skim through the therapeutics in the workbooks and just focus on the aforementioned materials?

Kuvan, how much of the paper was clinical? A lot of pharmacists mention that a lot of the clinical material doesn't come up at all..

BCPS? It was 60% of the exam. It'll be 55% of the exam from now on. They changed it after I took it last Fall. Gotta make sure you nail the therapeutics. And you also need to nail the biostats and study desigsns. Good luck!

I'm rethinking whether or not I should make sure to read the workbook AND listen to the corresponding lecture in every single therapeutic area if I can better use the next two weeks to focus the majority of my time on statistics and study designs +/- policy questions and kinetics. Is it really a big deal if I just skim through the therapeutics in the workbooks and just focus on the aforementioned materials?

Skim through the diseases that you aren't too familiar with. Know the 1st line therapies and second line if 1st line are contraindicated. If you are comfortable with therapeutics, then focus on biostats and study designs. Yes, there will be quite a few questions on policies and procedures (which I sucked at). Good luck!;)

I'm taking the exam today and I don't feel confident at all..

We'll see how it goes.

Reactions: 1 user
Yikes, there were so many questions on policy. I studied from the ACCP workbooks and they did not really cover the questions that they asked.

Yikes, there were so many questions on policy. I studied from the ACCP workbooks and they did not really cover the questions that they asked.

Yeap, that's how I felt when I took the BCACP and BCPS. I guessed on most of the questions on policies and procedures. :eek: However, if you did well on therapeutics, biostats, and study designs, you should pass.

How does the ACCP pharmacotherapy mock exam's difficulty level compare to the actual test? Are the questions in the similar format to the ACCP mock exam ? I scored approx. 140 first time to take the mock exam given after spending only a few days to skim through the entire workbook. I hope to review some more this week and focus more in the areas that I'm weak then maybe try the mock exam again. My test is scheduled this upcoming weekend !

How does the ACCP pharmacotherapy mock exam's difficulty level compare to the actual test? Are the questions in the similar format to the ACCP mock exam ? I scored approx. 140 first time to take the mock exam given after spending only a few days to skim through the entire workbook. I hope to review some more this week and focus more in the areas that I'm weak then maybe try the mock exam again. My test is scheduled this upcoming weekend !

I think the mock exam is good for you to practice, but they are not quite similar to the actual exam questions. Know the 1st and second line for the common diseases. And know your stats and study designs. Good luck!

Hi I am looking for study partner for BCPS.I am planning to take in next 3 months.If any one interested please reply .
Thank you

Hi every one
I am planning to take BCPS, which study material I need to follow and how the exam will be ?Please let me know friends.
Thank you

Would anyone please share your bcps studying materials? I am willing to buy them. Please msg me!

I'll send you some questions what's your email address ?
I'm looking for a mock test 2016 and 2015 please

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

If someone is interested in sharing ACCP BCPS study material (PDF book etc) with me I might be able to share ASHP 2016 presentation handouts in return to help......PM me

Last edited:
G'day all.

I've registered for the fall exam and have the majority of the ACCP course. I m missing the lectures and audio files for the stats, policy, study design, etc lectures ..... Basically I need the non-clinical lectures.

Anyone have those? Happy to do a swap etc I have some mock exams too.

Thanks

Peter

Last edited:
I have the BCPS material for 2016 and 2015. Also have past papers and ASHP revision material. If anyone is interested in purchasing them off me, please PM me.Thanks

Fall test time!!! Share your test experiences for all the upcoming exams. I, for one, am scared to death! I missed my BPS test last year by a measly 3 points....what is that, like 1 question???

Fall test time!!! Share your test experiences for all the upcoming exams. I, for one, am scared to death! I missed my BPS test last year by a measly 3 points....what is that, like 1 question???

I'm pretty scared myself, I missed passing my test in the Spring by 15 points, so I NEED to pass this time. I'm just mad that it's so much damn material and the test won't even touch half of the stuff I'd be looking through. I figured that if I am solid in Cardio, Infectious Diseases, Psych, Endocrinology, Stats/study design and all that regulatory crap, then maybe I'll be okay. LOL