BCPS Spring 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abc1234567

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone planning to take BCPS in Spring 2018 ? Please respond to this thread if you are planning to

Members don't see this ad.

So. Like how hard is the test? Could, I as a 10 year community pharmacist with additional pk training, have any chance of passing it? I know I can't actually sit for it without "direct patient care".

Reactions: 1 user
So. Like how hard is the test? Could, I as a 10 year community pharmacist with additional pk training, have any chance of passing it? I know I can't actually sit for it without "direct patient care".
It’s pretty hard, but you can do it with preparation. Focus on the statistical analysis and infectious disease. Also, you qualify to take the test as long as you spend 51% of your time counseling and giving immunizations (which is not verified beyond your attestation that this is the case).

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm, I definitely need some more initials after my name. I do counsel and give a lot of shots. I bet it's 51 maybe even 52% of my day

Reactions: 4 users
And groupies?

The practices Questions on their website were pretty straightforward. I'm liking this idea
In all seriousness, I strongly recommend the ASHP prep course that they do the weekend before midyear (you don’t need to attend midyear to purchase the course). It definitely helped me pass as a retail pharmacist. They offer an online version that is just a recording of the live class, but I think live was worth it (and I may have accidentally recorded it to review after the fact and get the best of both).

I plan on taking the test Spring 2018

Reactions: 1 users
How are you guys preparing for this? Anybody in the NYC/Long Island preparing for this?

I'm thinking about taking it but not sure if I will qualify for the spring. I will have 3 years experience in April 2018

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm planning to take in the spring, but am VERY nervous as I've been out of school 7 years (working in retail and PBM, currently on extended maternity leave). Def going to count my experience as direct pt care ;)
I am studying with the High Yield Med Review lectures/practice Qs.... but I have no idea how the content and difficulty compares to the actual test questions.... arghhh! There is a TON of material.

I'm taking it again. Don't make the same mistake I did. Get the ACCP stuff. I did High Yield Med Reviews and failed. I borrowed my friend's (who passed) ACCP books and started studying again already and it's night and day difference. The ACCP books actually teach to the test.

The High Yield Med reviews were also a bit out of date, but mostly just not practical to the test. I learned a lot, but not what I needed to know to pass the exam. High Yield goes way deeper than you need to go about most topics it does cover, and misses the broad strokes on a lot of things (especially things like regulations, landmark trials, pain scales and such).

I only failed by 10 points, but I think if I had studied the ACCP material, I would have passed. Their questions are more like the test. I wasn't impressed with the High Yield QBank (a lot of them are throwaway brand/generic/class type questions that would never be on a board exam. I would rather concentrate on 100 really good questions than 1000 garbage ones).

I listened to all the lectures twice, made note cards, listened to some that I had more difficulty with 3 times. I answered most of the questions (not all, there are so many). I felt I really knew the material, but I counted 50 questions on the test (from what I remembered) that weren't covered at all by it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I'm taking it again. Don't make the same mistake I did. Get the ACCP stuff. I did High Yield Med Reviews and failed. I borrowed my friend's (who passed) ACCP books and started studying again already and it's night and day difference. The ACCP books actually teach to the test.

The High Yield Med reviews were also a bit out of date, but mostly just not practical to the test. I learned a lot, but not what I needed to know to pass the exam. High Yield goes way deeper than you need to go about most topics it does cover, and misses the broad strokes on a lot of things (especially things like regulations, landmark trials, pain scales and such).

I only failed by 10 points, but I think if I had studied the ACCP material, I would have passed. Their questions are more like the test. I wasn't impressed with the High Yield QBank (a lot of them are throwaway brand/generic/class type questions that would never be on a board exam. I would rather concentrate on 100 really good questions than 1000 garbage ones).

I listened to all the lectures twice, made note cards, listened to some that I had more difficulty with 3 times. I answered most of the questions (not all, there are so many). I felt I really knew the material, but I counted 50 questions on the test (from what I remembered) that weren't covered at all by it.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I was considering high yield material for study, specially that they are offering the guarantee 100% money return if you failed in the exam which made me think this is a perfect study material! I honestly feel its hard to estimate what is the best material to pass the exam. My plan earlier was to set my exam in Spring 2018, after I went through OUTDATED materials from ACCP and high yield from 2011-2015, I feel 3-4 months is not enough, and from what you are saying, even the high yield subscription ( which is pretty high for what they have) won't make me pass the exam really! what do you think

I plan on taking the Spring '18 exam. I will be using the ASHP online courses to study.

I am planning to take it this Spring and hoping that 3-4 months is an adequate enough time to study. Any recommendations for review questions outside of the ones provided in the chapters??? Thanks!!!!

If anyone is willing to sell their ACCP 2017 PDFs, Practice exams, Videos etc I would be glad to purchase from you!

Yes I’m planning on taking it.

Anyone looking for BCACP study material? I have ACCP 2016 audio lectures, ppt slides, and full chapters, as well as accp 2017 bcacp update lectures. Selling for $100. I used these materials and just passed in Fall 2017. Based on my experience, 2016 materials are definitely updated enough.

Hello all, I had bought the ASHP 2016 online prepcourse for the BCPS and planning on taking my exam in Spring 2018. I understand that the HTN and HF guidelines have been updated, and I have studied from those too.

For anyone who may have used ASHP in the past, was it helpful? I checked one of the ACCP review course and the pre-assessment quiz from one of my friends, and I was doing miserably. I am too far into the ASHP material now that I feel like I wont have enough time to stop and restart studying from the ACCP material if I buy it. So if any one who has used mainly ASHP material in the past, was it helpful in passing the exam?

I am planning, anyone from Florida? Any study group ?

I'm planning to take in the spring, but am VERY nervous as I've been out of school 7 years (working in retail and PBM, currently on extended maternity leave). Def going to count my experience as direct pt care ;)
I am studying with the High Yield Med Review lectures/practice Qs.... but I have no idea how the content and difficulty compares to the actual test questions.... arghhh! There is a TON of material.
Can you email me
abendamkila gmail

Can you email me
abendamkila gmail

Thank you for sharing your experience. I was considering high yield material for study, specially that they are offering the guarantee 100% money return if you failed in the exam which made me think this is a perfect study material! I honestly feel its hard to estimate what is the best material to pass the exam. My plan earlier was to set my exam in Spring 2018, after I went through OUTDATED materials from ACCP and high yield from 2011-2015, I feel 3-4 months is not enough, and from what you are saying, even the high yield subscription ( which is pretty high for what they have) won't make me pass the exam really! what do you think

Read the fine print of their 100% money back guarantee. "The Customer must have reviewed and completed over 97% of every practice test question and flashcard available with the Q-Bank and Flashcard database designed and advertised for the Customer's specific board exam type and review course type. The completion of the Q-Bank and Flashcard must be completed within the appropriate time frame that the average person would take to answer and review all of the questions, answers, rationales provided and flashcards. This time frame is set to be at a minimum of 50 seconds per question or flashcard. The customer shall also demonstrate, through user statistics, that they have been able to answer more than 70% of practice test questions correct from within the completed questions available Q-Bank." You also have to review each lecture at least twice (which I don't think is too much to ask).

There are over 2000 questions and a lot of them are dumb (brand and generic type things, which isn't even on the test. The test uses 100% generic naming). Their questions are not in the test format like the ACCP questions. I answered over 1000, but I didn't answer enough for the "money back guarantee."

Also, having reviewed the ACCP book pretty fully now, I know that their reviews were at least 2 years out of date back in October of 18, and they constantly reference a website that doesn't exist anymore for "more information."

I'm taking my exam April 23rd! How is everyone doing with their studying? Anyone started completing mock exams? It is tempting to buy the ASHP one since it is quite a bit cheaper than ACCP. Anyone done both that can compare? Or has anyone heard anything about the ASHP mock exam? I've been using ACCP course for studying.

I'm taking my exam April 23rd! How is everyone doing with their studying? Anyone started completing mock exams? It is tempting to buy the ASHP one since it is quite a bit cheaper than ACCP. Anyone done both that can compare? Or has anyone heard anything about the ASHP mock exam? I've been using ACCP course for studying.
I just completed the ASHP mock exam and I got 60% :( feeling very discouraged right now. I'm taking BCPS exam at the end of april.

I'm taking mine April 23rd too! I'm looking to try all the mock exams soon as I've almost gone through all the packets. Just started studing 3 weeks ago. I also have all the clinical PDFs for the ACCP Updates in Therapeutics 2018 (excludes the Policy, Practice, and Regulatory Issues and all the additional resources in volume 2.) Willing to sell for $50.

If anyone has the whole thing, I'd actually be willing to split the cost for the lectures and the rest of volume two. I'm also on the open market for mock exams that have already been purchased before.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is best time to take the mock exam? In relation to exam? Haven't gone through all the material yet, but I feel I should take it to gauge where I am?

I will be taking the exam at the end of April. I have been studying for the past 2 months with the High-Yield Med Review BCPS Prep Package (book with lecture slides, online lectures, and questions).

My exam is also end of April. I am also looking for someone to share the mock exam or to sale it. Please let me know. Thank you!

All the very best to everyone writing their exam this week. Pls pls do post your experience and difference you noticed in the format here after you are done.

Also if anyone is looking to buy or has already bought the ACCHA mock test then I would love to split the cost with them. Let me know pls.

For those who have taken the exam before: if you pick an answer, are you able to go back and change it? Are you able to skip questions?

I took it today. Wtf is putting it mildly. 4 questions on isotretinoin. barely anything on HIV.

wow, what s a relief !!!
I'm debating whether I should follow the new guidelines for HTN, DM BP, A1c goal.
What do you recommend for Stat practice?
Thank you for the input.

wow, what s a relief !!!
I'm debating whether I should follow the new guidelines for HTN, DM BP, A1c goal.
Thank you for the input.
I made educated guesses on many of those questions. Stats was straightforward or maybe I could be biased since that's my strong point. Know your guidelines for major diseases. Many oddballs: side effects for hep.C meds, vaccines, IRB regulations, otc topicals etcd

wow, what s a relief !!!
Thank you for the input.
I felt 50% of it was regulations.
Let the waiting games begin...

what about drug info, economics and communication chapters? Was there a big percentage too? Thank you!

what about drug info, economics and communication chapters? Was there a big percentage too? Thank you!
Yes, when I said regulatory I meant anything that doesn't involve direct therapeutics/clinical stuff. It was a mix of questions about regulatory agencies, patient communication etc.

Yes, when I said regulatory I meant anything that doesn't involve direct therapeutics/clinical stuff. It was a mix of questions about regulatory agencies, patient communication etc.
Thank you!

I sent you a private message

Been studying my ass off, but I am so nervous!

Seems like no matter how much you know, you'll still be like :wtf::boom: