BCPS Study Tips for Policy/Regulatory Please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akwaik

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking the BCPS exam in the spring and I read a lot on forums how important it is to study the policy/regulatory sections but I am so overwhelmed by the amount of information in those sections that I feel like it's taking so much of time from other sections. (I am aware biostats is just as important! and I am making time for that but I am not studying pharmacotherapy as much as I'd like) I am studying using the ACCP workbook and the Q-bank from HYMR. Unfortunately HYMR doesn't give enough questions on policy/regulatory ..at least thats what it feels like. I am also using MEDED101's regulatory study guide .. it feels a little oversimplified ...but maybe its only meant as a supplement
Does anyone have any tips on how to best study for this domain of the exam. I'm trying to be smart in the way I study for it because it's just way too much information. Please and thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I mostly skipped the regulatory section because like you said, it's so much info. I didn't really regret this decision, since the regulatory questions on the exam were so detailed that even if I HAD studied, I probably would've been just as clueless. Would I advise people to do this? Probably not. But it ended up working out for me. If you're on a timecrunch, focus on biostats instead. At least that's straightforward.

Reactions: 2 users
If you're on a timecrunch, focus on biostats instead. At least that's straightforward.

This is what I keep hearing. Any tips about the therapeutics portion? I hear those are random questions too.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is what I keep hearing. Any tips about the therapeutics portion? I hear those are random questions too.
Yeah, therapeutics is random. Some of them come from the guidelines, so be familiar with the main ones. Some of them I would never have come across just studying - had to pull from residency or rotation experience. They ask anything from like, diabetes goals to drug reversal/antidotes.

Reactions: 1 user
My advice on priority of studying would be:

Stats
Therapeutics
Therapeutics again
Regulatory

Agree with @mfdoom- even had I did more than just read the regulatory chapters not sure it would have prepared me fore the questions.

Reactions: 1 users
I have an important thing to ask about biostat
Is the notes in Accp updates suffiecient for clearing exam
I meant its all the theoritical notes on various methods .Is it need to be memorized all those?
Pls help

I read Regs and memorized the dates and the laws and their implications and got random questions I couldn't remember.

Business classes type questions if any of you have taken those kinds of classes before. They make up terms then ask you about them. ie: The three most important things are: patient centered outcomes, quality of care and med recs.

What are the 3 most important things?
a. patient centered outcomes, quality of care and med recs
b. patient focused measures, healthcare quality reimbursement measures, medication scanning technology
c. healthcare quality measures, some acronym you've never heard of, IV to PO conversion

Its ridiculous.