Becoming a competitive candidate for endo residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent_wannabe

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a D2. I recently completed my endo class this semester and really enjoyed it. What can I do to make me a good candidate when it's time to apply for residencies?

For my D1 year, I unfortunately did not make even the top 50% of my class. I'm currently in the middle third.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a D2. I recently completed my endo class this semester and really enjoyed it. What can I do to make me a good candidate when it's time to apply for residencies?

For my D1 year, I unfortunately did not make even the top 50% of my class. I'm currently in the middle third.
Most endo residencies want you to have a few years of experience working, or do an AEGD/GPR before starting.

For now, try to work on your grades. Do you have an endo dept at your school? reach out to them and start doing research with an endo faculty/resident. ask them what they would recommend for you.

In my personal opinion, you can specialize in anything no matter what grades you have - it just may take longer to get in. definitely easier with good grades though.

Most endo residencies want you to have a few years of experience working, or do an AEGD/GPR before starting.

For now, try to work on your grades. Do you have an endo dept at your school? reach out to them and start doing research with an endo faculty/resident. ask them what they would recommend for you.

In my personal opinion, you can specialize in anything no matter what grades you have - it just may take longer to get in. definitely easier with good grades though.
My GPA is definitely not bad at all, but unfortunately enough people in my class also have high GPAs. And yeah, the endo faculty all know who I am now. Before this whole COVID mess, I would go in and assist residents.