Being "lied" to by the interviewer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Honestly, I dont think i do.
The only problem is that i volunteered 2 years total. Im guessing that could be the biggest red flag.
My grades are good, mcat good (not the best but above average), recs are excellent, i work at one of the best pharm companies in the world (in the year im out of school), I won some sport competitions, i taught, volunteered etc...

Not the best, but not the worst. Just Average joe.

I did apply early, and I applied to a range of schools.

but im not here to ask about advice on what I can do to make things better. The main question of this thread was to ask why the interviewer's words and their decisions dont match.

Why would volunteering for 2 years be a bad thing? you are referring to red flag as a bad thing, -right?

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, I dont think i do.
The only problem is that i volunteered 2 years total. Im guessing that could be the biggest red flag.
My grades are good, mcat good (not the best but above average), recs are excellent, i work at one of the best pharm companies in the world (in the year im out of school), I won some sport competitions, i taught, volunteered etc...

Not the best, but not the worst. Just Average joe.

I did apply early, and I applied to a range of schools.

but im not here to ask about advice on what I can do to make things better. The main question of this thread was to ask why the interviewer's words and their decisions dont match.

Why would volunteering for 2 years be a bad thing? you are referring to red flag as a bad thing, -right?

really? does anyone know if the interviewer doesn't get a vote at most schools? that would stink especially if they really sounded like they were going to go to bat for you. however, it seems that even if they say nice things about your chances in the interview, it doesn't necessarily mean that everyone else at the table will agree. :oops:

At every school I interviewed at, the interviewers submitted some kind of write-up/summary/evaluation after the interview. This document went to the admissions committee, but the interviewers themselves were not actually on the committees. I thought this was pretty common.