Being Recruited...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SpoiledMilk

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do emails from recruiting agencies start during residency?

How prolific are they? Is it worthwhile to respond to them?

What resources are available to those being recruited to verify the benefits being touted by the recruiter?

Who has successfully been recruited and changed jobs after receiving a cold call or email? If so, what were the main reasons e.g. money, location, etc. and has all the benefits of the new job lived up to the hype?

Thanks in advance...

Members don't see this ad.

they would trickle in every couple months in my first two years of residency. third year though.....holy crap it started multiple times a day and has continued ever since. There have been a couple I have tossed around that were in areas I might be interested in, but I have never reached out to them. There is typically a reason that jobs use these aggressive recruiters and it isn't because everyone wants to be there and they are finding the best one of many choices.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
they would trickle in every couple months in my first two years of residency. third year though.....holy crap it started multiple times a day and has continued ever since. There have been a couple I have tossed around that were in areas I might be interested in, but I have never reached out to them. There is typically a reason that jobs use these aggressive recruiters and it isn't because everyone wants to be there and they are finding the best one of many choices.

It's funny; this is in stark contrast to what are typically said to be the best jobs, which come via word of mouth

If you are going to speak with recruiters only use a Google voice number and a throw away email.

Reactions: 1 user
Jobs/Employers don't "use" these recruiters, usually. Recruiters just hunt down openings based on advertising, then try to sell those jobs to you. If a recruiter refers you, then they get paid. Any money the recruiter gets, that's money you can't get when you're negotiating your contract.

Reactions: 2 users