MD & DO Recruiting medical student parents for a qualitative study

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ECarroll

Reaction score
JHU Study Recruitment: Parenthood in Medical School

Hi everyone! I am a Pediatrician and currently getting my Master of Education for the Health Professions at Johns Hopkins University. For my master’s thesis I am conducting a qualitative study of parenting during medical school. The experience of medical student parents is not described in the literature and supportive policy is lacking despite their unique vulnerabilities. We hope to ultimately make the medical school learning environment more equitable for student parents by first understanding the challenges they face and the optimal means to support them.

Participants will complete a single virtual 1:1 interview lasting 30-60 minutes discussing their experience as a student parent.

We are looking to recruit current medical students or within 2 years of graduation who personally experienced a birth event as the birthing or non-birthing parent while enrolled at a medical school in the US. Males and females who became biological or nonbiological parents to an infant (<1 year) through adoption, surrogacy, or natural birth are all eligible to participate. First-time parents and those with multiple children are eligible. This study has been approved by the JHU Homewood IRB (HIRB00018525) and approval letter is attached to this post.

If you are personally interested in participating or know someone who is, please complete this short demographic survey so we may determine eligibility. Parenting in Medical School

Thank you for helping me support current and future physician parents in training!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• HIRB approval.pdf
    196.2 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: 1 users