Being Undocumented Student And Want To Get In Med School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
gool pple...you all re going to be doctor and cant distuingish that the OPs name on the SDN is soooo noit mexican...c'mon, even a 4 yrs old child can tell you that,....either way, he can be in school and working with a student visa( student jobs) and pay taxes..oki, now u need tot ell us, whats ur status as of now..u said, ur senior, meaning ur going to school here, meaning you should have a legal f1 visa...now if you dont, but u were working on ur case for green card and ur laywer messed up and u got denied, u need tot alk to the intl office and get ur status str8 or u mite get deported..yes, you will get deported unless ur lucky..he could however have false documents( this country has so much criminal as it is, trust me, theres lots of ilegal student sout there) the quesiton is, if you want one day to be a doctor you cant ever allow to ahve an illegal status..either way, if you coudl get ur school to get u the f1 visa, then you woudl be okey..im sure even if you had a period of undocumented status on your file, you can always explain that in ur application/interview, and they will understand as long as it wasnt your fault...good luck and PM me if you have any more questions...By the way, by his name guys is should be slavic and we are WHITE!!!

holy thread resurrection, batman.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouild like toa dd to this great post, yes he cant get federal loans sinc ethe DHS will check his status...but if he has worked here and has a good credit history, he will get private loans, they only care of ur credit history...trust me you can be a PR/citizen and still not fget approved if you ahve a crappy record and u could be illegal but have a gread cresdit history and get approved or lower interest rate..and also, great advice about the nursing!!!or if you actually have a degree, get a research job, they will sponsor you for h1b and u have a valid status...
first, i want to say that u have my symapthies. knowing a lot of ppl who r immigrants (legal and illegal), i know how hard things r for u guys. don't worry about the criminal record check. thats only for arrests and felonies, not immigration status. but don't lie to the school either (if they ask directly, otherwise don't say anything). if u need loans to pay for med school, then i say u're chances r pretty much non-existant for going to med school. But if u have the money to pay for it, then i don't think it should be as much a problem.

but have u thought about nursing? i would recommend that u get ur nursing degree first. there is a shortage of nurses, so this is a quick way to get a green card. its also related to the work u will do as a doctor. then u can go to med school after being legalized. its better than getting married.

sory about my typing guys, i tend to type faster than i can sinc eim at work so dont have much time to say all i wanna say..hope it was understandable..PEACE!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
gool pple...you all re going to be doctor and cant distuingish that the OPs name on the SDN is soooo noit mexican...c'mon, even a 4 yrs old child can tell you that,....either way, he can be in school and working with a student visa( student jobs) and pay taxes..oki, now u need tot ell us, whats ur status as of now..u said, ur senior, meaning ur going to school here, meaning you should have a legal f1 visa...now if you dont, but u were working on ur case for green card and ur laywer messed up and u got denied, u need tot alk to the intl office and get ur status str8 or u mite get deported..yes, you will get deported unless ur lucky..he could however have false documents( this country has so much criminal as it is, trust me, theres lots of ilegal student sout there) the quesiton is, if you want one day to be a doctor you cant ever allow to ahve an illegal status..either way, if you coudl get ur school to get u the f1 visa, then you woudl be okey..im sure even if you had a period of undocumented status on your file, you can always explain that in ur application/interview, and they will understand as long as it wasnt your fault...good luck and PM me if you have any more questions...By the way, by his name guys is should be slavic and we are WHITE!!!

And you're going to be a doctor and can't even type out words that are discernable.

Even a 4 year old can type better than that.

i think i already explained about my typing and im not trying to prove anyone here of my expertise on typing,...lets try not to turn this into arguing, i just got pissed how so many pple were trying to figure out if he/she was mexican or not, when the point of the thread was soooooo not that!!!!thast all!

there i fixed it, u happy now? gosh pple here are just so f-ing mean, doctors should be nice people!!!
And you're going to be a doctor and can't even type out words that are discernable.

Even a 4 year old can type better than that.

hahah..apparently:)

:confused: Hi, can someone please help me?
I have legal SSN, pay taxes, work, senior at school, but have no green card or citizenship. The story is long, my lawer messed up my case, left me without legal status and the only thing I can do is get married or wait for law to change. I have no intentions on getting married, and so far no changes in law. My goal is to find the way and get in med school. What should I do? There is a criminal background check so I cannot lie and say that I am, although one advisor told me to go for it, since i have no criminal record, bur still some people would consider me a criminal. Does anyone have any helpful ideas? PLEASE HELP:luck:

I think the user who bumped it also had this question. It's a good question, and I'm honestly kind of torn about it. On one hand, undocumented immigrants residing in the US should have the same opportunity to apply to medical school in the US just as natural-born citizens can. I don't know if that's fair to international students who make every effort to follow byzantine US immigration laws, however.

It's a tough question.

No offense but American medical school seats ought to go to American citizens

Reactions: 1 users
No offense but American medical school seats ought to go to American citizens

Thats fair but the number of undocumented students who even make it that far is insignificant. Why not just occlude South Asian and East Asian students who are the ones that are swiping the spots (en masse) from traditional multi-generational American citizens?

lol, the op has a SSN for one thing, and mostly it sounds like she's only undocumented to the extent that her lawyer screwed up her application for permanent residency. There's absolutely no reason to assume the OP is Mexican.

I think you've lived in the south/southwest too long or something, since there's plenty of illegal immigrants from Asia, Eastern Europe, South America, etc. I personally know people whose parents illegally immigrated from Hong Kong (after illegally immigrating TO Hong Kong from China even), Ukraine (technically the USSR back then, but from the part that is now Ukraine), and Nicaragua (although I think the last leg was a path through Mexico), so to just assume someone is from Mexico is pretty idiotic. In fact, I know ZERO illegal Mexican immigrants.
Oh and none of those people are illegal immigrants anymore, since they've all gotten either citizenship or permanent residency one way or another. Well, except the one guy who almost got deported because of a conviction, but then they couldn't because the USSR technically doesn't exist anymore. That's pretty neat no? Being an illegal immigrant they can't deport because your country is gone.
Oh and although the OP might not have used their real name as their username (although I've seen people do this), the choice of username still would suggest against being an illegal Mexican immigrant.

I don't think this is true... I know someone born in the USSR who was deported to Russia for a DUI. (they were from the Russian SSR)