Program-Specific Info / Q's Belmont University Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was supposed to have my interview January 26th but had it pushed back to March 23 because of a conflicting interview. It seems like Belmont only accepts top people for OTD after looking through this...but what would you say are my chances with a 3.6 gpa 3.8 prerequisite, 153 verbal 157 math and 4 writing gre, along with 80 shadowing hours? I don’t really have much else as far as job experience or leadership that stands out very much.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was supposed to have my interview January 26th but had it pushed back to March 23 because of a conflicting interview. It seems like Belmont only accepts top people for OTD after looking through this...but what would you say are my chances with a 3.6 gpa 3.8 prerequisite, 153 verbal 157 math and 4 writing gre, along with 80 shadowing hours? I don’t really have much else as far as job experience or leadership that stands out very much.
I just got notified that the interview will be for waitlist since most of the seats have already been taken :(

Yeah, I was like one of the 10 out of 120 interview applicants that got accepted to the OTD program. It might be different for the MSOT process. For the OTD they called in every single qualified applicant rather than candidates they thought would be a good fit to their program. That made it really overwhelming and competitive. If they do it the same they will break everyone up into 3 groups. One group does their interview, one group does a facilities tour, and the other group does a writing sample in a computer lab. Then you switch. It is pretty easy, you'll interview for 10 minutes with one professor/administrator/faculty member, then move to another room and interview with another person for 10 more minutes. They ask 3 questions each and its expected you take up the whole time so have questions prepared for them. Good luck!
What would you recommend I be prepared for/talk about during my interview? Did you detail your shadowing experiences etc

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I was wondering if anyone on here ended up going to Belmont and could talk to me about it?? Pretty please!

Hi everyone! I'm a Belmont OTD graduate so let me know if you have any questions.

Hi everyone! I'm a Belmont OTD graduate so let me know if you have any questions.
Hello! I have an interview at Belmont next week (1/25) and I was curious what to expect, just a general overview. I am not sure if they have changed it up since last year's interview process. I also was wondering my chances of getting in! I didn't get the early applicant interview, just the regular and I didn't know if that made a major difference. Thanks!

Hello! I have an interview at Belmont next week (1/25) and I was curious what to expect, just a general overview. I am not sure if they have changed it up since last year's interview process. I also was wondering my chances of getting in! I didn't get the early applicant interview, just the regular and I didn't know if that made a major difference. Thanks!
I interviewed at Belmont in November and it was great! You have an individual interview with 2 faculty members back to back for 10 minutes each. They each ask you about 3 questions and then let you ask questions. For the essay you read a passage about leadership in OT and summarize it. They give you tours of the labs and you get to talk to students which was nice! From what they told us, they don't accept a ton from the first round and wait until after the second interviews to review everyone at once.

I got into Belmont in November and I know there's about 10 people who have accepted their spots which leaves 28 left! I'm guessing the January interview will be a big group like they normally do

Hey guys, I have an interview with Belmont towards the end of this month. I've read through this post and saw that they have an on-site essay. To those of you who have interviewed at Belmont, is there any way to practice or prepare? Congratulations to those admitted for acceptance! I'm so nervous about the interview, so any other pointers would be fantastic! :)

I also have an interview next week, I was supposed to have it in January, but had to reschedule due to another interview. I was wondering if anyone knew how many spots are actually left, since this is their latest interview

Hey guys, I have an interview with Belmont towards the end of this month. I've read through this post and saw that they have an on-site essay. To those of you who have interviewed at Belmont, is there any way to practice or prepare? Congratulations to those admitted for acceptance! I'm so nervous about the interview, so any other pointers would be fantastic! :)
I don't think you need to prepare for the essay! You read an article about leadership in OT and write a response to it. Don't be nervous! Everyone there was so nice and the interview isn't bad. You have two 10 minute interviews with a faculty member and they each ask 3 questions. Have a couple personal stories in mind you can share that connect to OT or leadership.

I got accepted back in January after attending the interview and I honestly didn’t prepare for the essay at all. basic writing skills and being able to understand the article in order to write about it is what it really boils down to. It’s normal to be nervous for the interview, I was a mess! But everyone is super nice the second you walk in the door and it really helps ease the stress of it all. They don’t say directly but did hint that the interview is scored very heavily when they are considering admission, so focus on that more than the essay! In all honesty the interview isn’t bad either. Like said in other posts it’s 2 10 minute interviews with 2 different faculty members and they each ask 3 questions. My biggest piece of advice is to really be yourself and show your personality. Have personal experiences to connect to OT and like said in another reply leadership is a big theme for the day. I also suggest knowing some things about Belmont and displaying that you are educated about the school and truly are interested and know why you want to attend! The people I interviewed with were rather relaxed and they want you to do well. I’m not aware how many seats are left, but I heard back from Belmont only 4 days after I interviewed which was nice, so hopefully you all will get quick answers either way after your interview. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions!

You are the best!! Thank you SO much, I really appreciate you taking the time to type all of that. :)
I got accepted back in January after attending the interview and I honestly didn’t prepare for the essay at all. basic writing skills and being able to understand the article in order to write about it is what it really boils down to. It’s normal to be nervous for the interview, I was a mess! But everyone is super nice the second you walk in the door and it really helps ease the stress of it all. They don’t say directly but did hint that the interview is scored very heavily when they are considering admission, so focus on that more than the essay! In all honesty the interview isn’t bad either. Like said in other posts it’s 2 10 minute interviews with 2 different faculty members and they each ask 3 questions. My biggest piece of advice is to really be yourself and show your personality. Have personal experiences to connect to OT and like said in another reply leadership is a big theme for the day. I also suggest knowing some things about Belmont and displaying that you are educated about the school and truly are interested and know why you want to attend! The people I interviewed with were rather relaxed and they want you to do well. I’m not aware how many seats are left, but I heard back from Belmont only 4 days after I interviewed which was nice, so hopefully you all will get quick answers either way after your interview. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions!

Hey! I have my interview at Belmont this Friday Nov 22, does anyone know any specific questions they typically ask??

Reactions: 1 users
If anyone has questions about Nashville, feel free to message me! I live in Nashville and absolutely love it.