Belts Vs Suspenders

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't believe it has taken me 32 years to discover the magic of suspenders. My aversion to "professional attire" was because of belts. They made me feel like my stomach was being constricted and would amplify the belly area and I'd constantly have to deal with the shirt getting untucked or looking unkempt.

Suspenders have changed all that. No more feeling constricted so I look more comfortable. The suspender lines add a slimming effect and take attention away from the belly. And no more shirt getting untucked by itself.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
White coats pretty much cover everything when zipped up. You dont have to wear a belt.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait people wear belts to keep their pants up?

I always wear a belt for style points and buy pants that fit properly.

Reactions: 1 users
My stepdad switched to suspenders probably 20 years ago. With belts we coined the term 'tight pants syndrome' or TPS for short. He swears by them.

I carry a number of things on my belt and have worn one forever, so I'm not quite ready to make the switch. Even with correct fitting pants, the extraneous crap I carry on a daily basis leads to continual problems.

Sparda, I always imagined you being skinny... now I think you might be fat

Reactions: 3 users
Never tried suspenders, but recently going with no belt (white coat over, no one sees anyways & the belt I have (new still) is waaay to rigid still - kind of hurts when crouching down for prolonged periods of time doing BS waiting bin). Belt or no belt, no matter what shirt always seems to become un-tucked

Tie bars on the other hand, I find essential and practical...keeps tie from flying all over the damn place and touching stuff (some hospital staff are OCD about ties and spreading germs)

Lol @ people who tuck their shirt in, and who any pharmd that wears a white coat (whom isn't forced to do so by their employer).

If suspenders are comfy, knock yourself out. Comfort > all.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m team scrubs over here. I have the pants/shirt rolled up with underwear, socks, and a shirt ready to go. Let’s me sleep in an extra 5 minutes not having to deal with an excessive number of buttons or other contraptions.

Reactions: 3 users
It's just for while I'm at work. I still show up in a hoodie and jeans and change into "professional attire" at the hospital.

But are you fat? *not there’s anything wrong with that...

Lol @ people who tuck their shirt in, and who any pharmd that wears a white coat (whom isn't forced to do so by their employer).

If suspenders are comfy, knock yourself out. Comfort > all.
White coats can be helpful if you still like to round with paper. When I rounded and didn't also have to verify orders at the same time it was always faster to have paper notes than have to fool with a computer.

I wore suspenders for the first time ever last month. I hated them. They are very inconvenient if you have to take pants off to go to the bathroom. Also I carry a pager at work, pretty easy to clip on a belt, not so with suspenders.

I wore suspenders for the first time ever last month. I hated them. They are very inconvenient if you have to take pants off to go to the bathroom. Also I carry a pager at work, pretty easy to clip on a belt, not so with suspenders.

You might have bought them too small. I don't buy the silk kinds. I usually get these:

Amazon product

Amazon product

Looks like something you would strap down a crazy person with!

White coats pretty much cover everything when zipped up. You dont have to wear a belt.
yeah but then you become target of sniper fire by irate customers. I would rather dress like a tech so they can't differentiate you.

yeah but then you become target of sniper fire by irate customers. I would rather dress like a tech so they can't differentiate you.

Um you're the pharmacist, man up.

yeah I always imagined sparda as this skinny tall guy and a bit hairy but now im imagining him looking more like this

images

I can't believe it has taken me 32 years to discover the magic of suspenders. My aversion to "professional attire" was because of belts. They made me feel like my stomach was being constricted and would amplify the belly area and I'd constantly have to deal with the shirt getting untucked or looking unkempt.

Suspenders have changed all that. No more feeling constricted so I look more comfortable. The suspender lines add a slimming effect and take attention away from the belly. And no more shirt getting untucked by itself.

Dude what