Bench exam ! part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yasi

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After long waiting bench extension has been approved
just want to know how many of you took or will take any course praparaton and if yes which course ucla duggan...
or just practicing yourself
any recommendation....????

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody here who have any idea where we can get the reviewer for the wreb theoretical ? the perio and the prostho? heard that they are kind of tough . Have anybody here who have taken the wreb review course ? do they hand out the reviewer for those said subjects.

Because for the Cal State board , there are reviewer for the endo , perio and prostho .

hey
I would sincerly suggest that if you are going to practice in california you should start thinking of moving here bettter soooon than later ...when you are closer here you will get all the patients and review courses ,,and all the info and help even if you group together with people who are taking the exam
that will be a big help over there you will be singled out
just a suggestion !!!!:)

Dear bansu thats a very sincere , honest and right suggestion ,and supposetly thats what I should do.we were going to move to CA 3 years ago with great enthusiasm and energy,but as you know after waiting for 3 years to take the rt we kind of lost the interest, its like (I burnt out).and on top of every thing if you have a cozy nest, relatively secured income ,good school for the kids ,as a parent it's very hard to get red of every thing and go towards uncertainty.thats why I would rather pass the clinical get a job and then bring the family.it's not an a easy task .but I really greatfull to your suggestion. happy holidays!

I have two sets of brand new columbia typodont equilibrated by Dr Duggan , with his signature on the box ready for part 3 or 4 exam used . I have bought them from Dr Duggan for the price of 400.00 USD . Willing to get rid of them for a discounted price ( price negotiable ) . anybody interested can pm me .

Members don't see this ad :)
i passed the Rt exam, but i don´t want to practice in California,i would like to practice in anyother state. Do i have to take the california clinical examination and examination on law and ethics before the wreb exam? or can i take the wreb exam right away?
Please answer
Thanks
Patty
happy holidays :)

i passed the Rt exam, but i don´t want to practice in California,i would like to practice in anyother state. Do i have to take the california clinical examination and examination on law and ethics before the wreb exam? or can i take the wreb exam right away?
Please answer
Thanks
Patty
happy holidays :)

If you are a local graduate then wreb is the best choice since you will be able to practice on the states that recognize wreb and i heard it is a lot . but if you are a foreign graduate dentist then you have to take ca clinical for you to practice here or you can take wreb then study post grad or apply for residency then you can practice in Texas because this state accept foreign graduate with specialized skill in specific dental field . ( like orthodontist, prosthodontist , etc ) You can inquire if you want to be sure coz these are the information that i have from asking other dentist here and searching wreb website.

congrats to all those who pssed RT exam . :) Pls if u could tip us on how to prepere for it That wud be gr8.:D

shellac

Hi to all,
I will be taking UCLA clinical review course from January 20 to January 28.
If any female student would like to share a room let me know.
Thanks

Hi guys, I decided to take the wreb exam but to tell you the true I don't have a clue how to start getting ready for it. The UCLA class won't start until the 12th of feb. (as you all know everybody is on vacations)
If somebody who already passed this exam have some input on it, please let us know.
Also any advice of what books should I get to study from for the written part
or if somebody interested in selling handouts and/or endo typodont , please pm me.:idea:

Happy holidays to all of you! and overall to all the bench takers..never give up!!!

thanks for the valuable info,I was wondering which course would you recomend for WREB, and if there is any comprehansive reviews for the theoretic part.and lastly is there any offices that provide patients for this exam in the east cost?. thanks in advance.

Not sure if there are any courses or patient services on east coast. The best would be to look for patients among relatives, friends etc as they are the most reliable. I took the UCLA course. For the theory part I read mostly from the textbooks...covered all important chapters thats it.
(Perhaps we should move to a different thread and leave this for the bench exam discussion)

Not sure if there are any courses or patient services on east coast. The best would be to look for patients among relatives, friends etc as they are the most reliable. I took the UCLA course. For the theory part I read mostly from the textbooks...covered all important chapters thats it.
(Perhaps we should move to a different thread and leave this for the bench exam discussion)

Hi thanks for the respond.by the way there is a new thread under wreb.could you please give me more specific info ,like what kind of textbooks , how is ucla course.Thanks again. I appreciate your time.

Hi to all,
I will be taking UCLA clinical review course from January 20 to January 28.
If any female student would like to share a room let me know.
Thanks

which hotel are you planning to stay ? I have a friend who is also planning to take the clinical course , i heard it is somewhere in jan , well i am not sure , have to ask her . I am planning to take it somewhere in may or june .

which hotel are you planning to stay ? I have a friend who is also planning to take the clinical course , i heard it is somewhere in jan , well i am not sure , have to ask her . I am planning to take it somewhere in may or june .

Hi Chrystle,

I have not decided yet what hotel I am going to stay. The main considerations are whether I have a roommate, the proximity to UCLA and the price.
The course is from january 20 to january 28.

Hi everyone , this is my first post on this forum .
congratulations to all who passed the RT exam and wish u all the best for the next step .
i had my exam on Nov 2006. I got an average score of 73 .:( . ( 80 Amalgam , 70 composite , 70 cast )
i am surprised of my score with the composite prep . can someone who got a good score in composite tell me what are the measurment and criteria for the CL III prep ??
thankssss

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone , this is my first post on this forum .
congratulations to all who passed the RT exam and wish u all the best for the next step .
i had my exam on Nov 2006. I got an average score of 73 .:( . ( 80 Amalgam , 70 composite , 70 cast )
i am surprised of my score with the composite prep . can someone who got a good score in composite tell me what are the measurment and criteria for the CL III prep ??
thankssss

I got a modest passing grade on composite with

1.5mm incisal-cervical length, 1.2mm m-d width. I did not bebel the margins. Outline form was rectangular with definate internal line angels. I cleared buccal contact minimally. Cervical contact cleared by .5mm.
there are other factors that can give you a failing grade other than wrong measurments. Was the restoration faulty?-overhang, underfilled, scratches, etc? Did you damage adj. tooth or gingiva? Did you submit dirtty typodont? This alone will piss off the examiner.

good luck next time. you can make it.

Adi

I got a modest passing grade on composite with

hi
I got 80 in class 3 my measurements were 1.5mm incisso cervical
1.5mm axial extension 0.5 cervical clearence slight bevel facial clearence is a thin ray of light
I would sincerly advise you to ask for critique and see if any one of the examiner has given you 3 in any sections if it has you can appeal
one of my friend passed in april after he got the critique in april exam he had the same score as you
good luck:)

hi everyone
there is a new thread for wreb please put in your thought over there
leave this forum for bench exclusively
B:)

anyone here taking the ca clinical exam and want to practice together and exchange reviewers?

I am taking the ca clinical exam and also looking for reviewers or past exam papers . if anybody have any past exam ppaers, i am willing to exchange notes and informations.

Could you please tell me about the WREB typodont?

Hi,
I am going to sell
Columbia ,kilgore,WREB columbia ENDO [NEWBRAND ]typhodont
Maniquin (complete set) with rubbercheek.
-Air Silent Air Compressor in excellent condition
Columbia Teeth,kilgore teeth,kilgore composite teeth
brrasler newbrand Burs ( Carbide & Diamond)
high speed handpiece& slow speed handpiece.
Composite polishing kit ,gun comp capsules, filling material
Hand Intrsuments (Amlagam set, composite , perio )
Amalgam Capsules,band toffelmier matrix band
Rubber Dam Application Setwith rubberdam sheets
Endo rootcanal material {gates glidden files, spreader, plugger, x-ray mounting sheets etc}
call me for individual price list.
plus also have part 1,2,3,4,noters of kaplan,dr duggan, dr stevonsons.
plus dr duggans videos for bench.

I am interested in Kilgore teeth and perio set of instruments. Please pm me the price. Thank you.:rolleyes:

If you are a local graduate then wreb is the best choice since you will be able to practice on the states that recognize wreb and i heard it is a lot . but if you are a foreign graduate dentist then you have to take ca clinical for you to practice here or you can take wreb then study post grad or apply for residency then you can practice in Texas because this state accept foreign graduate with specialized skill in specific dental field . ( like orthodontist, prosthodontist , etc ) You can inquire if you want to be sure coz these are the information that i have from asking other dentist here and searching wreb website.

well i am a foreign dentist, so i may end up in texas.thanks so much for the info. Merry christmas
:)

i have some kilgore teeth to sell if anybody is interested please pm me for price and details of the teeth.

hey all,

congratulations to all those who passed . i took the rt exam in nov 2006 but didnt pass .i got a score of 73 in composite and 73 in casts. But when i requested for my critique, the scores are 3 and 3 in composite preps and 3 and 4 in composite finish .... so doesnt it make it 77 ? and for the casts, i got 3and 4 for the PFM and 2 and 2 for full gold. i just read in some previous reply that you can appeal if you get a 3 ? did i get it right ? i'm not sure what to do. can i appeal ? please give me all the valuable advice that i can get.

thank you and merry christmas

hi zuunish,

make sure that they sent you the right critique with your right candidate number. i'm not trying to imply anything except for the fact that the board makes mistakes in sending out wrong critiques. it happened to me.
if you are truly sure that it's your own critique, check out the earlier replies to this thread for advise on appeals procedure.

good luck.

Next RT exam is in February according to DBC website

February 9, 10, & 11, 2007 USC
February 23, 24, & 25, 2007 UOP

I am looking for Amalgamator .

If anybody wants to sale it pl PM me with price and condition.

Thanks

Hi, I need advice on a place to stay during Duggan condensed course (3 weeks in Jan.) at Newport beach, Thanks

hey all,

congratulations to all those who passed . i took the rt exam in nov 2006 but didnt pass .i got a score of 73 in composite and 73 in casts. But when i requested for my critique, the scores are 3 and 3 in composite preps and 3 and 4 in composite finish .... so doesnt it make it 77 ? and for the casts, i got 3and 4 for the PFM and 2 and 2 for full gold. i just read in some previous reply that you can appeal if you get a 3 ? did i get it right ? i'm not sure what to do. can i appeal ? please give me all the valuable advice that i can get.

i think you have passed one of my friend passed in similar fashion at april exam i would suggest you to talk to dawn dill
B

hey all,

call them up, same thing happened to one of the guys,and he got it! good luck!

Hi, could you please kindly post/recomend any offices that provid patients for clinical,I have heard about Lulau, Betty,Linda.if you have their email or phone number ,I would deeply appreciate that. thanks! happy and prosperous new year!

Hi, Im selling two kilgore typodonts. One is equilibrated and is ready for the exam- never was used,
(I brought it as a back up for the april test and didn't use it). The second one was used during the test only and is missing the teeth that were assigned (#3,#5,#8,#10,#19). I also have some other extra teeth. I passed the exam last april at the UOP school.
If somebody interested pm me.:luck:

thank you for the feedback , i left a message at the board but no one called me back. is there an extension number that i can call . Also, should i write to them, and if so, is there a particular person i need to address it to.

Message to those retaking the bench:

"Badasa yusmana shakti sevyam stapi yati lakye--Obstacles are there to help firmly establish ourselves to our goal." --Shrii Shrii Anandamurti

Do not lose hope!!! think about sending that re exam application ASAP!!!

Adi

Hello everyone!

I am interested taking a preparation course for the Ca Clinical board, but I am not able to stay in LA to take any of the courses offered there.
I live in the bay area San Francisco, so if you guys know any option for me or have any study material that I can use to study for the clinical board I would greatly appreciate it.

Please send me a message
Thank you so much

If anybody get letter for rt exam in feb please post

I don't think anybody will be selected until the deadline of Jan 8th. so everybody should expect to be notified late. I thought they said in the meeting they had last summer that starting 2007 candidates will be notified 2 months before the exam. Maybe I was dreaming:sleep:

Hi.I have rt exam next month and I have not practiced or have any info about it that how it is performed.would you please tel me what was your study resources?
Do you have any video or book that I can buy?
Thanks

Thanks AAD for answering my questions. I am so happy and glad praise the lord ! I passed . with amalgam 80 , composite 88, and cast 83 . average 84. Good luck to all who have not receive their results , Congratulations to all those who passed and don't lose hope and faith for all those who did not make it this time .

Dear all,

I passed my RT Exam UOP 2nd day.Long wait paid off, moving on to the next step.

Best of luck to all of you.

Thanks!

Hi .I need to get more info about UOP and also what was your resoources for this exam and if you have any video or hand notes that are helpful so I can buy them from you.
Thanks

Hi, Im selling two kilgore typodonts. One is equilibrated and is ready for the exam- never was used,
(I brought it as a back up for the april test and didn't use it). The second one was used during the test only and is missing the teeth that were assigned (#3,#5,#8,#10,#19). I also have some other extra teeth. I passed the exam last april at the UOP school.
If somebody interested pm me.:luck:

HI, I'm a friend of Ivorinedust.....do you know if he passed the exam?...sorry to ask you this, but I think you are friends too....and congratulations

Hi.I have rt exam next month and I have not practiced or have any info about it that how it is performed.would you please tel me what was your study resources?
Do you have any video or book that I can buy?
Thanks

Hi,
How do u know u exam is next month did u get any letter.r u giving this exam for1st time.i thought there r no 1st timers left .well any way u can take duggan course which is starting on jan 5th & ucla course is not starting till march .good luck

I did the exam at usc last november and didn´t pass I got 80 amalgam 75 composite and 65 in cast any of you know how long time I have to ask for my critics thanks. Can I still ask for critics.

Hi,
I am planing to go to UCLA for the CA clinical exam course ( January 20-January 28). If any female candidate want to share a room please contact me.

Hi,could somebody please please refer me to patient finding agency in beautiful California. Thanks

For all those taking the RT exam good luck ,

I took my exam at UOP last Nov 2006 . I took my course at UCLA with Dr Stevenson , there are notes reviewers ,but actually the one that really help is practice . you have to be determine to take at least 2 hrs a day to practice daily . start with class 2 since it is 100% . then class 3 prep and finish it is another 100% . try to get higher grades on these two so that it will pull your grade.
Actually we enrolled on the class to have an intensive practice to know the measurement of the preparations . techniques? well it depend individually , my friends technique doesn't suit mine , i can't do it so as my technique does not suit her. .
By the way , you can send your work to be critic to Dr Stevenson . It is 250.00 USD for 12 teeth , ( like 10 preps and 3or 2 restorations) can't remember well . you can check it at [email protected]
For now i am doing a favor for my 4 friend's who i belive failed because of measurements. I am getting measurements data from all the people i know who have passed then i am going to post it here . Again good luck to all . I will be going to UCLA for the clinical course hopefully i can collect more informations then from my classmates there at the course.
:) :luck:

Status
Not open for further replies.