Bench exam ! part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yasi

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After long waiting bench extension has been approved
just want to know how many of you took or will take any course praparaton and if yes which course ucla duggan...
or just practicing yourself
any recommendation....????

Members don't see this ad.

For all those taking the RT exam good luck ,

I took my exam at UOP last Nov 2006 . I took my course at UCLA with Dr Stevenson , there are notes reviewers ,but actually the one that really help is practice . you have to be determine to take at least 2 hrs a day to practice daily . start with class 2 since it is 100% . then class 3 prep and finish it is another 100% . try to get higher grades on these two so that it will pull your grade.
Actually we enrolled on the class to have an intensive practice to know the measurement of the preparations . techniques? well it depend individually , my friends technique doesn't suit mine , i can't do it so as my technique does not suit her. .
By the way , you can send your work to be critic to Dr Stevenson . It is 250.00 USD for 12 teeth , ( like 10 preps and 3or 2 restorations) can't remember well . you can check it at [email protected]
For now i am doing a favor for my 4 friend's who i belive failed because of measurements. I am getting measurements data from all the people i know who have passed then i am going to post it here . Again good luck to all . I will be going to UCLA for the clinical course hopefully i can collect more informations then from my classmates there at the course.
:) :luck:

Thank you for your great help!!
Good Luck on your clinical!!

Has anyone taken the UOP course? What do u think about it? It's a bit short so I was wondering if it's good? Thanks

Hello Vika,

I am not sure I will take the classes in LA, but if I decide to go to LA it would be great to share a room with someone.

Please send me a message with your phone number and we can talk.

Thank you so much

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone interested in buying professionally equilibrated columbia typodont by Dr. Thaw, I have one for sale, I have it as a reserve when I took the RT exam last November. I also have a lot of columbia teeth and a new kilgore typodont but not equilibrated plus kilgore teeth (one tone and 2 tone)

Hi
I have 2 colombia typhodont one that I used for part 4 exam(equilibrated/#8,18,19,20 missing) and the other that I used for practicing for 170$(for both together)
rubber dam frame(metal),sheets,retainer,forcep,slowspeed hand peice,composite polishing and finishing burs,new comosite & amalgam prep burs,high speed star handpeice,colombia teeths,hand instruments for amalgam and composite for very good price.If anyone is interested pls PM me.
Thanks

Hi Guys,
According to DBC website, RT exam is only in UOP in February.I guess we all will get a chance in UOP.

Any female willing to share a room for the upcoming RT Exam at UOP, please PM me. Thanks & Good luck to all.

I want to take the RT exam next month for the first time,I have seen Dr Duggans DVDs and now I am practicing by myself , I am out of states now,
I want your advice about this exam ,I am not sure about taking a short course.
Duggans DVDs and parcticing aren't enough or not?

is it really possible to pass this exam without taking a course?

Hi!! I want to know if somebody is interested in selling the complete maniquin system to me .Please pm me. Thanks

Hi,
I have all the wreb material, like the endo typo,amalgamator manikin,.........if anyones interested let me know.

Members don't see this ad :)
I want to take the RT exam next month for the first time,I have seen Dr Duggans DVDs and now I am practicing by myself , I am out of states now,

practice the exact same tooth numbers from the past two exams.

i went through the same deal. my recommendation are
1- don't ever trust duggon and his shady gang in anything( read my older posts) this person is looking only for your money nothing else
2- try to get both notes from Duggon and most importantly from Dr Stevenson at UCLA( his notes are the one that will enhance your knowledge)
3- for measurement of clearances try to take the most reasonable numbers from both notes and lean more on Dr stevenson numbers
4- if you decide to do any courses or critique;try to contact UCLA.
good luck

hey everyone,

i got the letter from the board...i'm scheduled for feb 23-25. Need all your good wishes.

Good luck everyone who got the letter and who will get one soon.does anyone have measurement from dr stevensons course can u please post the measurements..how u guys r preparing for exam and r u guys doing the preps that were in exam or practising other preps too

Hello everyone!

I am interested taking a preparation course for the Ca Clinical board, but I am not able to stay in LA to take any of the courses offered there.
I live in the bay area San Francisco, so if you guys know any option for me or have any study material that I can use to study for the clinical board I would greatly appreciate it.

Please send me a message
Thank you so much

Ever heard of Dr. Thaw? He is giving a review course both for RT and CAL board clinical exam. He is in Milpitas. His number is 408 515-3994

Good luck everyone who got the letter and who will get one soon.does anyone have measurement from dr stevensons course can u please post the measurements..how u guys r preparing for exam and r u guys doing the preps that were in exam or practising other preps too

This is the first time that I take the exam.I have seen Duggan's DVD and now I am practicing.do you think that the preps will be same as the last exams?

hi friends,
I am taking bench exam on feb 23-25 at UOP. i am living in BOSTON -MA
I need guidance & advise in & around boston area or near by states. If any body preparing for exam than we can practise together in group.I will appreciate if any body willing to help me. I will compensate for time & knowledge. pl. email me at [email protected]

hi

any one giving RT from toronto .If so pls let me know I sure need a companion .And also i need duggans Cd very badly Pls if any one has it and is willing to sell it .
This is my first time . Oh my god
shellac

if any one has Dr Stevensons measurement please post it here.
Thank you

Yeah there r first timers, I'm a first timer, any female working in NY for the RT exam?

in critique if its written slightly overextended for posterior crown prep what does that mean .is it not reduced or clearance is not proper please reply.
anyone preparing in michigan for rt exam

Hi, did anyone take Dr. Thaw course? What do u think. I need advice on the different courses: Duggan, UCLA, UOP, Dr. Thaw....? Thanks

I want to know have all of you received your confirmation letter?

Hi, did anyone take Dr. Thaw course? What do u think. I need advice on the different courses: Duggan, UCLA, UOP, Dr. Thaw....? Thanks

i took duggan couse as well as uop course.between these two i think uop course is better .any one taking mock boards.is it necessary to take mock boards to pass this exam

hi,

does anyone have dawn's email or does she also have a direct number/ ext ?

anyone in the south bay preparing for the RT and would like to get together about once a week to critique each other's preps and discuss ? pm me

good luck everyone

can we use interdental gaurds to protect adjacent teeth while preparing cl 2 in rt exam.
what else can be used

YES, you can use anything you want. I did use interdental guard and tooth separator, but look, if you are using those make sure you check the clearance all the time, it is very easy to get it wrong if you not carefull, because they open the contact.
Good luck

YES, you can use anything you want. I did use interdental guard and tooth separator, but look, if you are using those make sure you check the clearance all the time, it is very easy to get it wrong if you not carefull, because they open the contact.
Good luck

Thanks. from where i can get interdental guard.

Good luck

please let us know..where can we get the interdental guard and is it like a wedge ?

can we use interdental gaurds to protect adjacent teeth while preparing cl 2 in rt exam.
what else can be used

Yes you can use interguard , but the best you can do is to leave a thin enamel ( or ivory ) in between , since the the gingival floor is 1mm on premolar and 1.3 to 1.4 on molar tooth, you have enough room to leave a thin piece of ivory tooth. I did tried the interguard but what happen is that when the teeth are equilibrated , it is hard to try to fit the interguard in between , once you have space it moves. By the way ,you can order an ivorine tooth seperator 65USD from Dr Stevenson , that also help . Hope it helps you.

interguards r available at the uop book store, but again do keep a look out for the gingival clearance.

please let us know..where can we get the interdental guard and is it like a wedge ?

you can buy the interguard at UCLA dental store , they have it in one package with 2 measurement , the 4mmtall and the 5mm tall. you can call them then they will charge you for 7 USD shipping within US . It is like the universal matrix band , just that it have loop on both side lingual and buccal to stop it from slipping out of the interproximal . if you need the number i can get it for you. I will be in UCLA this coming friday for my part 4 clinical review course . Good luck to all those taking the RT exam this Feb at UOP . see you all in part 4 .

I just found out I'm scheduled for the feb23rd exam... It's crazy, not enough time... is it possible to 'save' my application for the next exam? anybody knows about any last-minute condensed courses? thanks

I just found out I'm scheduled for the feb23rd exam... It's crazy, not enough time... is it possible to 'save' my application for the next exam? anybody knows about any last-minute condensed courses? thanks

is this ur first time .if u r scheduled u have to take the exam other wise will loose one attempt out of 4.
well there will be never enough time they always give exam date month before.what if next exam is in april.it all depend on u.i think u should give exam.just give a try and do ur best.good luck.about course ucla course is starting end of jan but its expensive.other course is uop starting in end jan.other course is duggan course .there web site is www.duggandds.com.
Just take a course and practise alot practise is going to help

I want to know have all of you received your confirmation letter?

no! I haven't received yet! did all of you receive confirmation ?
and actually do you know any body passed this exam without any course?

Do you think that may be we should do the same preps as the last exams?

Status
Not open for further replies.