Bench exam ! part 02

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yasi

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So what does that mean?

It means that it is possible to repeat the assignment :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys, congrats for makin it thru, welcome aboard to the clinical side. just a quick question to all of u who got 90`s in composite, what was the measurements u guys followed?

If any body wants to share the UCLA notes for RT exam with me ,please PM me.
Thank you

Thanks Can u guide me.I am not thinking of taking exam till end of this year do i have to send the application now or i can send it later.What about that letter from dbc that i am eligible for wreb do i have to send it this time or i can request it when i want to take the exam.
Other thing is what about waiting list.if waiting list is for march is it for march or they will consider it for next exam too.or one has to apply for each exam separately every time.
for march exam when did they let u know that u r selected for exam.
What material did u studied for theory exam.
thanks AND GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR EXAM .TELL ME HOW WAS IT WHEN U WILL BE DONE WITH IT

could you give a little more info about wreb course you attended i.e course fee,lenght(how many days) and what is coverd. thanx

Members don't see this ad :)
go for 1.5 in all dimension of prep except for mesiodistal dimension which is 1.3

that is for class three prep, i got 90. and remember no overhanging "enamel". you will surely fail if there is. by the way i got a grade of 65 before on my first take on the class 3.

go for 1.5 in all dimension of prep except for mesiodistal dimension which is 1.3

did you bevel the walls?and if yes which walls?(all walls exept Buccal)

you mean inciso-gingival 1.5,mesio-disatal 1.3 and depth depends on the buccal contact?
and also you define the line angel with which bur?did you just use 330?
Thank you again and good luck with your next exam

you mean inciso-gingival 1.5,mesio-disatal 1.3 and depth depends on the buccal contact?

as was mentioned 1.5 including depth. dont have to break contact on facial, you can also omit bevel if you want to. i did not place bevel

just used hatchet / chisel to define line angle

as was mentioned 1.5 including depth. dont have to break contact on facial, you can also omit bevel if you want to. i did not place bevel

Thank you for your answers.so didn't you place bevel any wall or only buccal wall?

and also another quetion,is the depth getting alittle more as it reaches to buccal contact( I mean is the little slope of buccal wall is definite or not?)specially if we use geffery hatchet?(did you use G hatchet)
Thank you so much again ,if you want you can PM me
thank you again for your help

Thank you for your answers.so didn't you place bevel any wall or only buccal wall?

and also another quetion,is the depth getting alittle more as it reaches to buccal contact( I mean is the little slope of buccal wall is definite or not?)specially if we use geffery hatchet?(did you use G hatchet)
Thank you so much again ,if you want you can PM me
thank you again for your help

no bevel, just keep bur perpendicular to lingual surface so that you will have no problem with depth which is 1.5mm.. use any hatchet or chisel that fits in the preparation

Hi all.

I took UCLA course in Febuary for April exam lasr year. I really liked. It was very well taught and for those willing to stay longer, they will let use the lab until 11pm everyday during your course. Practcing really is the key. Make all your mistakes and learn how so solve problems before your exam. Dr. Stevenson will teach you some tricks.
I don't know Dr. Thaw, so I do not have an opinion about him.
Dr. Duggan for me is an allright teacher, but excelent person ( but that's my impression).

H
ave fun !!! It is a hard exam, but enjoy it all the way.[/QU

HI

could I know if it is still possible to applied for the license in California?

Thank you

HI

could I know if it is still possible to applied for the license in California?

Thank you
If you have passed NBDE partI and II before Dec 2003 and sent your scores to Ca Dental Board before July 2004, you can apply first for RT exam and then for licesure exam

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering if I could buy Columbia typodont from anywhere in Canada.

any female willing to share accomodation in LA on 26th of march to attend the bench exam course, please respond.

hi,

i heard that the clinical course is for 3 months....so i was wondering how much they could teach us in 3 days. was that good enough ? do you know how different it is from other courses

You don't need 3 months to re-freshen your skill in preparing class II amalgam and composite, we all had enough practicing class II for the RT exam. For the perio part of the WREB, I trust that all of us can do good root planing and scaling. Modesty aside, I took the Florida Hygiene exam without any intensive preparation and passed it. The endo requirement is manageble.

can some one help me with qritiue:
if one examiner gave 2 on one part and the other gave nothing on that part, what does it mean? is it acase for appeal or not?

thank u ,actuall that was the first time i took the exam and i don't know about grading

Hi
Has anyone received confirmation letter for Cal. clinical exam to be held in UCLA June 2007. Do you know how many days before the exam we usually receive the confirmation???:laugh:

I did buy a manikin from Duggan but it has the small rod and its very annoying. Let me know more about your stuff. I,m new to this any other help is very much appreciated.

hey guys,
I just wanted some info on the prep course provided by dr. James Kaim in florida for clinical exam, is it useful?

can anyone please tell me the measurements for the following:

Full gold crown : working cusp and non working cusp

PFM (posterior) metal occlusal : working cusp and non working cusp

PFM (posterior) porcelain occlusal : working cusp and non working cusp

PFM (anterior) incisal reduction and incisal clearance

PFM buccal reduction for the shoulder

how to you check for the parallelism of the fixed bridge prep?

thanks in advance. Im confused about the measurement the board gave. Is that a maximum measurement?

Please help me out.. thanks again

I was wondering if any one had heard any news about August RT exam?(date and assignments)? will the assignments be the same as February exam?

I was wondering if any one had heard any news about August RT exam?(date and assignments)? will the assignments be the same as February exam?

It will not be same assignments as feb exam, but they will publish the assignment on the web aboout 2 weeks before the exam.:)

Somebody plz do us all a favor and write the assignments given in the last Nov2006 and Feb 2007 bench exams so that we can practice them more to be on the safe side :)

Hi!
I only know the assignment for November 2006:
#3 MO amalgam prep; #8 ML comp. prep;
# 10 DL comp.finish; # 5 PFM; # 19 Full gold crown.
Good luck!

I am in Orange County, (Irvine) and looking for someone to practice with for the August Exam. Please pm me if you are in the area and intrested.

Hi!
I only know the assignment for November 2006:
#3 MO amalgam prep; #8 ML comp. prep;
# 10 DL comp.finish; # 5 PFM; # 19 Full gold crown.
Good luck!

this is actually the assignments of all exams held in 2006, april and november.

hi folks,
just want to know if there is a dvd that helps in preparing for the bench test.
I mean a dvd that demostrate the procedures/techniqueve involved crown preps.

It is barely seven wks til August. No announcements yet from DBC? R U guys prepping same tooth assignments as last exam?

Hi
check the dbc website for candidate handbook,i heard they got the same preps mentioned there

No updates from DBC. I think they are cooking up something bec we all are basically ready to take the exam anytime, right? A surprise announcement perhaps?

I think the assignments will not change. How r you doing with yours?

No updates from DBC. I think they are cooking up something bec we all are basically ready to take the exam anytime, right? A surprise announcement perhaps?

I think the assignments will not change. How r you doing with yours?

I agree with you about the assignments,but what do you mean by announcement a surprise?

I agree with you about the assignments,but what do you mean by announcement a surprise?

Like moving the exam to a later date? As things r goin now, looks like the exam will be in late Aug. Probably Sept? Website says exam is "tentatively" scheduled Aug...TENTATIVELY. It is July in two weeks and still no update. So I think they will move it. Hopefully I a wrong...I am still hoping to receive confirmation letter in the next few days.

Hi
Does anybody have material to prepare for the CAlifornia's schools practical part of interview? I want to buy them? Does anybody have the videotapes and other related material please?can you please send me a private message if anybody wants to sell them?

Hi fellow candidates:

I assume everybody is practising for August like me. I have a question. Do you practise with the cheeks? I have a Columbia Dentoform mask for my manikin, but I think the cheeks are way too hard to retract in order to make a nice prep. Has anyone been successful using the mask? Or have you tossed it away like I did? I remember my previous exam to have softer cheeks. Any inputs?

PS. Please limit ur postings in this forum to things related to the bench exam. It is annyoing to click on the thread to only find out that someone is selling something. Thanks.

i practice withouth cheek .The cheeks in UOP in FEb exam were almost soft.
do you have any idea about the date of the exam,the DBC told me no date has beem confirm for Aug exam yet(i spoke with them this week)
If you know any thing more please tell me ?
and also do you practice on Feb assignments for next exam ?

Hi fellow candidates:

I assume everybody is practising for August like me. I have a question. Do you practise with the cheeks? I have a Columbia Dentoform mask for my manikin, but I think the cheeks are way too hard to retract in order to make a nice prep. Has anyone been successful using the mask? Or have you tossed it away like I did? I remember my previous exam to have softer cheeks. Any inputs?
The cheeks at UOP are soft, If you have hard cheeks it's better to practice without them, otherwise you may have problems the day of the exam not finding the hard support you are used to.

i practice withouth cheek .The cheeks in UOP in FEb exam were almost soft.
do you have any idea about the date of the exam,the DBC told me no date has beem confirm for Aug exam yet(i spoke with them this week)
If you know any thing more please tell me ?
and also do you practice on Feb assignments for next exam ?

No news. I am practicing what was assigned in the handbook, plus pfm #20.

DBC should announce the site of the August exam so at least we can book our hotel accomodations. It is summer-vacation season, and hotel rates r sure to go up unless we reserve looooong before the exam. Dont be suprise to pay $100/day or more for a room if u reserve two weeks before.

does anyone has video tapes or dvds explaining tooth preparation and fillings i am interested in buying them.any1 interested in selling them plz pm me.

Hello everybody.
Any one in LA/OC area taking tne August Exam,may be we can practice together.Let me know if you are intrested.
Good luck everyone.

I am out of CA now and just want to know has any body spoken with DBC about the date of AUG RT exam or not? Are they going to take he exam later?

has any body heard about the date of next RT exam? I think the August exam has been postponed . please let me know if you have heard any thing.
Thank you

has any body heard about the date of next RT exam? I think the August exam has been postponed . please let me know if you have heard any thing.
Thank you

any news?