Berkeley Online MPH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mph2022

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I was wondering if anyone here has had any experiences with Berkeley's online MPH program?

Also, does anyone know if the program requires work experience? On their website's FAQ it states they do, but on a different page they say work experience is desired, but not required.

TIA!

Members don't see this ad.

Bumping this as well.....Interested in this program too!

No experience, but I was looking at the FAQs. If in doubt, I would email them [email protected] or schedule a phone call with admissions. Just remember that online programs are geared towards professionals; it's ideal for those who are already working and don't want to quit. You just want to make sure you can relate to your peers in your courses and discussions (I think this is the big thing...you want to be able to understand the context of course discussions and potentially use your real life experiences in your courses/projects).

It shouldn't be too hard to satisfy this work experience requirement - your part-time undergrad experience could count towards this and count experience you have volunteering too. I would count anything that is semi-related to public health: lab and clinic experience (academic research, a hospital lab, work in a community clinic, volunteer experience at a food bank, working at a community non-profit).