missmuffin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi,

Does anybody have any remarks about the berkeley review CBTs? I am thinking about getting them for a friend (over PR and Kaplan) and wanted to know if anybody actually recommends them???

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks.

ronaldo23

The Truth
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2007
Status
Medical Student
Hi,

Does anybody have any remarks about the berkeley review CBTs? I am thinking about getting them for a friend (over PR and Kaplan) and wanted to know if anybody actually recommends them???

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks.
TBR FLs are good. They are very hard but great review for test day, on the sciences. The verbal too is pretty good because it has long passages with some topics that may border on the absurd (like the modern mcat). The questions, however, are sometimes less represesentative for verbal. Honestly though, I wouldn't necessarily buy all 7 TBR tests. I think in addition to the 8 AAMCs, it's probably better to diversify then rely on one other company. Maybe get 3-5 TBRs and a couple Gold Standard or Kaplan ones (though I'm not sure if Kaplan sells FLs outside of the course)

missmuffin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
hey

thank you for replying. i am assuming you recommend gold standard? I will buy an exam then.