Berkeley Review to Real MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

postbacpremed87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just curious how many people were shell shocked with TBR (any of them - Bio, Chem, Physics, Org) and felt demoralized going into practice AAMC's or even the real deal only to be surprised how with how well you did (and attribute it to how solid TBR is)?

Members don't see this ad.

I've done only bio and ochem from TBR and yes, AAMC 3 felt a lot more straightforward. Then again, that's only one test so far.

The practice tests are easier than br. The real thing was probably more on par with br's chemistry and physics.

I've taken 6 AAMC FLs after using TBR for physics and general chemistry. Honestly, the full lengths seem like ezmode. My average physical sciences score across these six full lengths is an 11.83.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've taken 6 AAMC FLs after using TBR for physics and general chemistry. Honestly, the full lengths seem like ezmode. My average physical sciences score across these six full lengths is an 11.83.

What were your averages for TBR gen chem and physics?

12.42 average on AAMC FL 3-10 (11 is next weekend), averaged a 10-12 on TBR chem/phys.

Therefore, I should expect a 10 in PS (which I' ll be happy with) since my average is 10 and 11 in TBR physics and gen chem respectively...

Therefore, I should expect a 10 in PS (which I' ll be happy with) since my average is 10 and 11 in TBR physics and gen chem respectively...

i meant to say i outperformed my BR PS score, since a 12 was the highest I received on any one chapter, while I got 11+ on the AAMC's. If you're asking about the BR CBT's, I can't help you there. Sorry!

i meant to say i outperformed my BR PS score, since a 12 was the highest I received on any one chapter, while I got 11+ on the AAMC's. If you're asking about the BR CBT's, I can't help you there. Sorry!

I was also talking about TBR content review...It is just a stupid inference I was trying to make...Even if someone was averaging 14 in TBR, that does not mean that eprson will kill AAMC tests.

What were your averages for TBR gen chem and physics?

Depends on the chapter. On my first time through equilibrium, acid/base chem, optics, electrostatics, and circuits, I did horribly (like 50%.). Other chapters I averaged 65-75%. I think that TBR physical sciences are way overkill for the MCAT but if you suffer through it, it will pay off. I can't say anything about their biology and organic chemistry books because I didn't use them.