Berkeley Verbal - Realistic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JP2740

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
They seem to have a lot of questions with numbers. Like, how many miles is this body from body based from information from the passage, or which direction does this river flow? And you have to find out the answer based on the latitude/longitude points given from the passage. Is this kind of stuff found on the MCAT, because I suck ass at it.

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's way more difficult than any other prep company's VR. Some of the answers seem a little odd to me too. But it'll be good if the real deal is easier than TBR! :)

They seem to have a lot of questions with numbers. Like, how many miles is this body from body based from information from the passage, or which direction does this river flow? And you have to find out the answer based on the latitude/longitude points given from the passage. Is this kind of stuff found on the MCAT, because I suck ass at it.

From what I understand, the BR textbook in Verbal is not very good. But the verbal from the BR FLs are very solid, and the passage length is longer than AAMC, which reflects the trend in modern MCATs. The passages are also on many weird topics, just like the mcat could be, so it is good practice preparing you for anything and learning to manage worse-case scenarios. The questions (like the one you mentioned) are not always great though.

I agree with ronaldo. I can't speak to the TBR VR text but TBR CBT verbal is helpful. The first couple tests are a bit iffy (they seem a bit easy and straightforward) but as you go on, they start to reflect the real thing a lot more.