Best DAT prep materials?? RE-TAKE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dlishiz22

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!
So I took my first DAT today and here was my breakdown:
AA: 19
Bio: 17 (wtf)
GC: 19
OC: 20
TS: 18
PAT: 19
RC: 23
QR: 17
I've decided to retake b/c obviously the BIO and I want to get into UIC Dental. Im studying Biochem at UIC currently but omfg dental is super competitive. I'm so confused lol I've always gotten A's in BIO. It was a lot tougher than any of my practice exams for sure. Anyways I wanted to see what prep all of you 21+ folks out there used and strategies. TBH I really didn't prepare as much as I should have. I only studied for about 3 weeks for a total of maybe 75 hours. All I used was Kaplan (it was meh) and notes from prev. classes. Oh and Chad's vids was amazing. I wanted to get BOOTCAMP b/c I really loved it But I just only discovered it the week before. Is Destroyer worth it?? I'm really aiming for 21+ across the board.

Oh and what was weird was after the PAT section I got a 30 min break?? I only took 5 mins to pee and eat a snack but I thought that was strange. I was expecting 15. Is this new?

Thanks in advance!!
 
Hi everyone!
So I took my first DAT today and here was my breakdown:
AA: 19
Bio: 17 (wtf)
GC: 19
OC: 20
TS: 18
PAT: 19
RC: 23
QR: 17
I've decided to retake b/c obviously the BIO and I want to get into UIC Dental. Im studying Biochem at UIC currently but omfg dental is super competitive. I'm so confused lol I've always gotten A's in BIO. It was a lot tougher than any of my practice exams for sure. Anyways I wanted to see what prep all of you 21+ folks out there used and strategies. TBH I really didn't prepare as much as I should have. I only studied for about 3 weeks for a total of maybe 75 hours. All I used was Kaplan (it was meh) and notes from prev. classes. Oh and Chad's vids was amazing. I wanted to get BOOTCAMP b/c I really loved it But I just only discovered it the week before. Is Destroyer worth it?? I'm really aiming for 21+ across the board.

Oh and what was weird was after the PAT section I got a 30 min break?? I only took 5 mins to pee and eat a snack but I thought that was strange. I was expecting 15. Is this new?

Thanks in advance!!
Get destroyer and bootcamp. Since you've already done chad's those are really all you need to break 20+. Good luck!