Best Living Surgical Pathologist in the World?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Unty

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This forum is getting boring. So who do you think is the best surgical pathologist in the world? Rosai?

Members don't see this ad.

This forum is getting boring. So who do you think is the best surgical pathologist in the world? Rosai?

Virchow.

488px-Rudolf_Virchow.jpg

has a posse!

Last edited:
He said living though.

There are a lot of good surgical pathologists. It's hard to really argue competently that certain ones are better than the other.

Members don't see this ad :)
He said living though.

There are a lot of good surgical pathologists. It's hard to really argue competently that certain ones are better than the other.

I know that... and I had some whole bit about him cheating death too.. but decided the "has a posse" thing was funnier.. (seeing as it seemed that I saw more of the orginal stickers after Andre the giant died.. so I figured it might read as a "Virchow lives!" kind of thing...)

oh well... yes, Virchow is dead.. and so is my joke.

Last edited:
Scully.jpg

Scully.

pathology_movie_image_milo_ventimiglia_and_lauren_lee_smith.jpg

I prefer Lauren Lee Smith, but Milo is pretty sweet too.

We are all only as good as our last diagnosis, in the eyes of our clinical colleagues, at least. My last case of the day was a nice secretory endometrium that I put my name on. Knocked that little ****er right out of the park.

I haven't been to the future, but I'm pretty sure that makes me the best surgical pathologist OF ALL TIME.

Psssh. I diagnosed something as negative. Hardest Dx to make. I win.

With the move toward subspecialization there likely won't be anymore king of the mountain surgical pathologists like Kempson and Rosai and Weidner. Due to people focusing their entire careers to just one organ, there will be too much knowledge for anyone to be great at everything.