Best material to study for Biology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Potential123

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Biology is probably my weakest subject. I got the Kaplan book, but I was told it was more information than needed. I don't wanna spend the extra time literally going through that whole book because I need to brush up on O. Chem and Gen. Chem. I do have Dr. Collins, but I was told the packet is way too short. Anyone have ideas on other material? I'm not taking the PCAT next week or anything lol.
 
Biology is probably my weakest subject. I got the Kaplan book, but I was told it was more information than needed. I don't wanna spend the extra time literally going through that whole book because I need to brush up on O. Chem and Gen. Chem. I do have Dr. Collins, but I was told the packet is way too short. Anyone have ideas on other material? I'm not taking the PCAT next week or anything lol.

Good thing your test isn't soon, because biology is one the subjects that takes FOREVER to diffuse from the textbook to your brain. haha, get it, DIFFUSE? It's not osmosis btw! 😉

If you have lots of time, I would buy the AP BIO Barrons book, because it has a lot of simple AP style questions like the PCAT tests do. You'll see the similarities in questions if you have taken the 3 practice exams from pearson vue. Biology is more of knowing a lot of simple facts, because the PCAT cannot test you on specific, in depth biology questions since there's too little time.

Skip the plant/ecology section, that was taken out from the PCAT :claps: hallelujah
 
Biology is probably my weakest subject. I got the Kaplan book, but I was told it was more information than needed. I don't wanna spend the extra time literally going through that whole book because I need to brush up on O. Chem and Gen. Chem. I do have Dr. Collins, but I was told the packet is way too short. Anyone have ideas on other material? I'm not taking the PCAT next week or anything lol.

Specifically with Dr. Collins, I thought it was a great resource to use as a skeleton, just not as a main study tool. I just brushed up on the non-plant/ecology topics a little bit with the Collins practice tests and reviewed past bio/biochem/physio class notes.