Best Med school states

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
State of residence is an important element in the determination of interview offers.
For schools who take a large portion of OOS applicants? Why? I think I know, but I'd like to confirm.
 
For schools who take a large portion of OOS applicants? Why?
I think the point she is making is that if there's an equal competitive applicant from both CA or TX, they'd offer an interview to the Californian because they're muuuuch more likely to matriculate out of state. TX has amazing schools that are literally dirt cheap. CA schools are impossible to get into.
 
I think the point she is making is that if there's an equal competitive applicant from both CA or TX, they'd offer an interview to the Californian because they're muuuuch more likely to matriculate out of state. TX has amazing schools that are literally dirt cheap. CA schools are impossible to get into.
Why does everyone assume @gyngyn is a female? 😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ah you're right. I was confusing the 85% of residents in OBGYN being women versus the obvious vast majority of older physicians being men.
It was the reverse when I trained.
It was not until after the advent of effective reversible contraception that women began entering the long pipeline to physician-hood in significant numbers.
Now that we can freeze eggs, we may see an up-tick in other surgical fields as well!
 
Last edited by a moderator: