Best medical schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lesli Barker

Medial Doctor Wanna Be
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are your opinions on the best Medical schools and why? Dont just name what you see on the other websites. This thread is obviously for those that have done their research. This is an opinion based thread. Oh yea... In Canada and in The US.

Members don't see this ad.

What are your opinions on the best Medical schools and why? Dont just name what you see on the other websites. This thread is obviously for those that have done their research. This is an opinion based thread. Oh yea... In Canada and in The US.

Wrong forum. This belongs in the pre-allopathic forum, not in the MCAT forum.

IMO, the best schools are those that accept me!! I hope ADCOMS are listening...:D:D:D

Members don't see this ad :)
An MD is an MD, I don't care where it's from, unless its from the Caribbean.

I kept nodding in agreement until the very end, the interesting thing to me is how many patients actually know/care where their doctor was educated??

I'm not saying the Caribbean makes bad doctors. I'm just saying that your potential length of education and other problems you could run into with those medical schools are higher than they would be with US medical schools. Also it's much harder to get into a competitive specialty with a Caribbean MD.

Best medical is the cheapest US medical school. Go look at the residency forums / physician forums and you'll realize how much it sucks being in debt. Some schools cost a ton more than another, and I'm not sure it's worth being 50k+ extra in debt just for the name of a school, when the training that really counts is your residency...

IMO the best med school is the one you get into...unless its some weird non accredited ponzi school