Best options for using marked tests/problems?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ryush

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I know the best option is always to just buy books/practice tests that are unmarked, but I wanted to see if anyone had any creative ideas for reusing mcat books or practice tests (paper ones) that are marked. Circled Answers or Crossed out wrong answers, etc.

I've come up with a few so far, but would like to see everyone else's input!
- Circling/Crossing out all the answers so that each answer choice is identically marked
- Whiteout and writing the option choices again (A, B, C, D, E)
- Covering up answer choices and making a photocopy.

Thanks for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

My EK VR 101 book had circled answers for the first 2 or 3 passages. I just went through and circled them all.

It works for books that aren't marked all the way through, but you might want to consider buying a different copy if the whole book is marked up.

Members don't see this ad :)
or if there's highlighting all over the place

I swear, it's like the previous owner of my EK Bio books ran out of steam on the 70-day EK plan. At first it was like 'YEAH, highlight EVERYTHING!!! Notes galore! Add to the diagrams' Several chapters later 'Highlight some good stuff. Jot down a word or two.' By the last few chapters 'Definitions are good enough to highlight. Why write anything?' Chapters 8 and 9: blank, no passages complete.

In terms of reusing the books, I just get thin strips of paper (sometimes sticky notes, to be lazy) and put them over all the A, B, C, D answer choices. They I write letters over it again. Takes some time, but it's a nice way to de-brain fry after reading a ton of material or when an MCAT-related nightmare has woken me up at three a.m.

I swear, it's like the previous owner of my EK Bio books ran out of steam on the 70-day EK plan. At first it was like 'YEAH, highlight EVERYTHING!!! Notes galore! Add to the diagrams' Several chapters later 'Highlight some good stuff. Jot down a word or two.' By the last few chapters 'Definitions are good enough to highlight. Why write anything?' Chapters 8 and 9: blank, no passages complete.

In terms of reusing the books, I just get thin strips of paper (sometimes sticky notes, to be lazy) and put them over all the A, B, C, D answer choices. They I write letters over it again. Takes some time, but it's a nice way to de-brain fry after reading a ton of material or when an MCAT-related nightmare has woken me up at three a.m.

hahaha i have a book like that too, though the owner gave up after 20 pages lmao.