1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Best Osteopathic IM Programs

Discussion in 'Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties' started by Thruster, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Thruster

7+ Year Member

So I wanted to ask everyones opinion on the best Osteopathic IM programs. Low scut, good fellowships, good teaching etc.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Thruster

7+ Year Member

I suppose that I can get it started.

I've heard great things about Lehigh Valley: great pathology, teaching, low scut, good fellowship opps. terrible location.

4. theneh

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Lehigh is not bad, I interviewed there last year, really nice hospital. If you wanna do cards I would strongly consider that program, they take 2 in-house per year I think
    I've heard things about Jersey Medical Center, I would check that place out too.

Other than that, there is not much that fits all your criteria...maybe umdnj-SOM is another one to consider...
    I have a friend at north side hospital in st. petersburg FL, it is crazy busy there and they have cards, but that's it...but i gotta say, that dude knows his stuff, especially acute care medicine (2nd year) cuz the residents run that place apparently...
    can't think of anything else. my recommendation is to go allo and try to get into a university program...

5. GQMO16

GQMO16 Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    if you are interested in going to michigan, i know botsford is supposed to have an amazing program but ive never rotated there and they have lots of fellowships available as well....in addition, i did rotate at st john in warren, mi and i liked their program as well and they have many fellowships and take in house candidates primarily, it is an up and coming program as the program director recently changed and they have been taking more residents each yr

6. Mjs12DO

2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I would recommend Botsford, Lehigh Valley, Michigan State-East Lansing, and Michigan State-EW Sparrow. All of these programs are very good for osteopathic programs. Personally I would recommend going allopathic to a solid university program. Botsford is probably the best that I know of osteopathic wise.

7. desijigga

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Mjs12DO, MSU-EL and sparrow are the same program, its dual accredited. Mostly FMGs and couple of DOs. Are you referring to Ingham Hospital in Lansing? It is part of the MSU network and has many fellowships also. I personally am not a fan of Botsford, but everyone in Michigan do say it has very good teaching. I would also recommend POH, Mount Clemens, Garden City, Genesys and St Johns. All in MI, have good fellowships, and will provide you with solid training.