Best Podiatric Residency Directors/Educators

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Podfather

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who are some of the best podiatric surgical residency directors? Good educators, help residents in job placement, and give to the program and the profession?

Members don't see this ad.

There are many great educators out there, but Catanzariti and Banks would have to be at or near the top of the list IMO. Between the multitudes of publications and lectures they've contributed to the profession overall and the kind of attendings/cases they provide for their hospital's residents, they'd be pretty tough to beat.

I decided that neither of their respective programs was the best fit for me and didn't interview for the spots, but I still enjoyed clerking at both and definitely took away good knowledge. I could tell those two docs (and other key attendings at their hospitals) went out of their way to make their residents' education very comprehensive. It was neat to see how they really stayed dedicated to consistantly providing lectures and teaching experiences for their residents/students even after all those years.

I will second on Dr Banks, he is indeed a very good educator who is giving back immensely to the profession. I shadowed him for a day but I was very impressed by his modesty and intelligence.I walked out of his office oblivious of who he really was, his contributions and his accomplisments, and on getting home I googled him, and when I found out much more about him, I thought Oh God I wish I had known this earlier

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Attendings from both the PI and ACFAS schools of thought are big contributors to our profession. For that reason I second Feli's opinions and would also include Doctors Chang, Grossman, Mendicino to the mix, amongst other faculty members (ACFAS and PI). Although my experience in the field is still relatively young but I have been fortunate in rotating with Dr. Dane Wukich, MD who is a big supporter of our profession, and in my mind a great educator as well.

The ultimate attribute that these attendings/directors share is the passion and drive to continuously improve themselves and those around them. I'm sure that there are many more contributors to our profession but from my experience thus far, the aforementioned surgeons have been very influential.

Rule #43: You can't vote for your own residency director... unless I can too :smuggrin:

LOL - fair enough! I'm trying to score vacation time dammit lol.

Are you planning on going to AO basic this year? It's at LA in November so you can't go wrong!

...Are you planning on going to AO basic this year? It's at LA in November so you can't go wrong!
Not sure... I'd like to and will look into it. We get significantly more CME $ in 2nd and 3rd year for travel. I might just use smaller first year CME allowance for books and/or local workshops like microvasc/loop course at StJohn Providence.

For the time being, the only thing I'm definitely "planning" on is surviving the first few blocks of floor duty and ER call lol. I'm on F&A surg first, though... hoping for my first C hammertoes or HAV by the end of the coming week? ;)

What residency programs are these directors/teachers associated with?

Dr. Tim Ford

haha I voted for mine!