Best Practice Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BillrothI

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

I just postponed my MCAT from 04/27 to late-May. I have taken the AAMC FL #3-7 and Kaplan FL #1-2. Since I now have an extra several weeks to study, I am wondering what other study materials I should invest in.

What is the consensus about the BR CBTs these days? The threads I found on it were fairly old. Are they still considered some of the best? I'm struggling with PS specifically.

Thanks,
Bill R.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Everybody,

I just postponed my MCAT from 04/27 to late-May. I have taken the AAMC FL #3-7 and Kaplan FL #1-2. Since I now have an extra several weeks to study, I am wondering what other study materials I should invest in.

What is the consensus about the BR CBTs these days? The threads I found on it were fairly old. Are they still considered some of the best? I'm struggling with PS specifically.

Thanks,
Bill R.

GoldStandard said they redidt their tests to improve them recently I believe. (2010 I think?)

If I had to do any extra--I'd do those.

Members don't see this ad :)
There was a poll in a recent December/January thread. It was basically the same results as the polls of the last few years. The reality is that most companies at this point are likely putting their efforts into the changes that will be implemented in 2015, so the exams today aren't much different than a few years back.

There was a poll in a recent December/January thread. It was basically the same results as the polls of the last few years. The reality is that most companies at this point are likely putting their efforts into the changes that will be implemented in 2015, so the exams today aren't much different than a few years back.

Thanks, BRT, and thanks for the reply to the other thread. I feel that if I had pursued the BR content review books a little bit earlier, I'd be in much better shape at this point!

Do you happen to have a link to the poll? If not - I take it BR was favored for PS and organic chemistry? I believe that is what I had read in an older post from 2009 or thereabouts.

-Bill R.

TBR General Chemistry/ Physics would be a good investment. It takes 40 hours to get through each if you spend 1 hour reading the text/ 2.5 min per passage/ 1 min per question and then leave time to review missed questions.

Also completing any AAMC diagnostics you have not completed yet and carefully reviewing the explanations would be valuable.

Hey Everybody,

Thanks,
Bill R.

TBR is REALLY good & known for their sciences, especially Gchem & Physics! One of the founders of TBR is incredibly smart in Gchem, Ochem, and Physics, and def. knows his ****! i highly recommend TBR if you have problems with the PS section, their books are good too because it has a bunch of passages. so if you have a specific topic you're weak at, you can do those chapters' passages!