Best question bank for starting resident (or intern)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyeball6

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
This topic has been discussed in some length about which qbanks are the best to prepare for OKAPs. It appears that OphthoQuestions seems to be the most robust and popular in general, but I also continue to hear great things about other sources including the question book by Chern, "The ONE network", and ProVision 5 Q/A published by the academy. The questions after each chapter of the BCSC books and Friedman will obviously be helpful as well as you finish their corresponding sections in both.

My question is for someone who learns primarily through questions, and needs that to be a consistent way to supplement reading, what would be the first bank to start with? Basically asking for the last few months of intern year (to get a head start) and for the first few months of PGY-2 year. Should they start right away with OphthoQuestions or save those to go over closer to OKAPs? (i.e. for Step 1 it seemed to make more sense to save UWorld for the months closer to the test after burning through some lesser quality qbanks first during the M1/2 years.) Thanks a lot,

Members don't see this ad.