Best school to learn OMM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mirmaid959

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am really interested in learning OMM. Does anyone know what schools have good OMM programs?

Members don't see this ad.

If you ask the students at DMU they will say their program is the best, it was something they really stressed during the interview day. They also offer a fellowship in OMM that you can complete before you graduate.

As a DMU student, I will of course say DMU has the best program. But from an unbiased side, DMU was really the only school that I interviewed at that really stressed OMM. And statistically (I have no idea where these values come from), DMU is at the top for OMM, along with PCOM and VCOM

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
I am really interested in learning OMM. Does anyone know what schools have good OMM programs?

The best school for OMM is KCOM. You will spend more time learning it than at any other school.

Almost every school will say their OMM program is the best. Perhaps you should go visit the schools in question, do some research, etc. The problem with getting opinions from current students is they have likely never been taught by any other OMM faculty other than the school they attend and therefore have no basis for an objective opinion.

I think most schools have an OMM fellowship program. If I were looking for what I would consider "the best", take a look at where current OMM faculty have trained. Look at which faculty have current OMM research projects or have past projects. Which faculty have published books. Who teaches at conferences. Who travels around the country/world to teach OMM, represent various medical organizations, etc.

Good luck. This might take some work on your part, but it's better than hearing from students with a unidimensional view. Of course, if anyone has been taught by more than one school's faculty for OMM, please chime in.

Attendings, do you see students from any one school being more particularly prepared/trained in OMM than another???