Best shoe for surgery rotation poll

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What is the best shoe for surgery rotation?

• Dansko clogs

Votes: 40 40.8%
  • Merrill jungle moc

Votes: 14 14.3%
  • Clark's clogs

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Birkenstock professional clogs

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Running shoe

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • Other

Votes: 12 12.2%

• Total voters

strongboy2005

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey just putting up a poll to see what you all think is the best shoe for surgery rotation.

Members don't see this ad.

41LHDPhve-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Do the Dansko Professional shoes look good with dress pants?

Do the Dansko Professional shoes look good with dress pants?

I wear them. I have some girlier, nicer looking ones, but I still will wear the snake skin ones with dress pants as well. For me, comfort is the priority when I'm working. As a student, I have enough working against me already.

There are some that are less "dressy" looking though, like the oiled clogs that probably wouldn't look very good with professional clothes.

Last edited:
The Dansko shoe (the professional, I believe) looks pretty good with dress slacks and isn't a "clog" so it goes over a little better. Those + double socks + ibuprofen got me through well.

Switch b/w danskos and running shoes, and an ibuprofen for the days you know will be long.

I can't believe how many people (on these forums and in my class) bought shoes for their surgery rotation.

I used a pair of old Pumas that served me very well. You don't need anything more than a decent pair of athletic shoes.

my running shoes were so much more comfortable than danskos...at least to me. however, you're screwed if you something tasty on your running shoes. you can just wipe the danskos down if you get blood on them

my running shoes were so much more comfortable than danskos...at least to me. however, you're screwed if you something tasty on your running shoes. you can just wipe the danskos down if you get blood on them

Surgery actually doesn't get too messy, unless you're on trauma.

Ob/gyn is where the real mess is at: amniotic fluid, stool, meconium, tons of blood. :laugh:

yea ob is a mess for sure. we are pretty trauma heavy and a couple of folks got to try machine washing their new balances after forgetting to put on booties before the exlap