Best shoes/shoe inserts for standing all day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I beat the crap out of all and keep pounding until they cry. But I'm always apologetic and say it was a lucky day.

Haha. So what's your excuse the second time you all play?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Airline wanted to charge me extra today for my tripod bag; they thought it was a bag of clubs...I said heck no, it's only a tripod. So, no extra charge! :thumbup:

They ever lose your bag before a tourney?

If you reach "status" with mileage, they don't charge.. and knock on wood no I haven't lost my bag before. Taking non-stop flight is the key.

I know there used to be a thread about this, but I can't find it. Anyway, I've been working lately and my feet are so uncomfortable towards the end of the shift and when I get home. I went to the foot products aisle of our store and there are so many to choose from. What do you recommend?

I used to keep a few wood bar stools inside my pharmacy. Now Im working in hospital and can sit all day ;)

Good shoes whether clarks, ecco, merrills,rockport or many others are important, but more so is to have several pairs to rotate the shoes daily rather than wearing the shoes continously. All shoes have built in elastomer substance of some type and when they get compressed from standing/walking all day, they need time to recover and so the heavier you are, the longer in between wearing of shoes should be allowed. When I was in retail running a 24 hr store (900/day average) I would often rotate a pair of shoes during the day just for comfort .
I think often times we tend to wear a pair much longer than the cushioning life but we don't think about that part since they still look good outside.

This is what I do. I have two pairs of shoes that stay in the pharmacy. Actually they are Crocs. The best shoes I have found for standing all day. I have two differnt styles of Crocs and change them half way through my shift.

I've gone through new balance, merrills, hush puppies, gel inserts, tomorrow I'm trying a new pair of keanes. Still shoeless by 7 pm.

Shoe: Keen
Band: Keane

Members don't see this ad :)
Shoe: Keen
Band: Keane

Thank you for correcting my error before it led to something grevious.
Keens were off after ten hours, but lasted longer than the Merrills.

Thank you for correcting my error before it led to something grevious.
Keens were off after ten hours, but lasted longer than the Merrills.
Megas: sarcasm?

Megas: sarcasm?

No. Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
Someone may purchase a pair of knock-offs labelled "Keanes" from an unscrupulous vendor and get very sore feet...that would be grevious.

My Dansko clogs are pretty comfortable. I rotate them with a pair of Adidas Pro Model 2G.

Has anyone tried these?
http://www.asontvinfomercials.com/tvproducts/impactgel.html

I watched the demonstration on the TV show "Pitchman," here's a short demonstration: https://www.getimpactgel.com/flare/next?tag=buyimpactgel
You can also youtube it for more demonstrations.

I haven't tried them, but I have horrible back and neck problems that act up when I stand for long periods of time. (I wish this would have became apparent before I decided to be a pharmacist.) I was just wondering if anyone has tried them and what they thought. The demonstration really impressed me, but there's a difference in relieving foot impact and providing all day standing comfort.

I love how Billy Mays always make us buy whatever he advertises >_>

The dude makes $10M+ year by just growing beard and shouting in a high pitch voice

Hey all, my best friend works for this company that makes soles for shoes... these are for pple on their feet all day (chefs, factory workers, and nurses) they are called megacomfort and u can get them at insoleshop.com .... if u're interested to purchase them msge me so i can give u my friend's phone # to get a deal on them.

Hey all, my best friend works for this company that makes soles for shoes... these are for pple on their feet all day (chefs, factory workers, and nurses) they are called megacomfort and u can get them at insoleshop.com .... if u're interested to purchase them msge me so i can give u my friend's phone # to get a deal on them.

I need some good insoles.....what's the number?

So I've been compiling a summary of types of shoes and so far, they are:

Ecco, Dansko, Crocs, Nike Shox

There are def more brands out there, but these are just a few of the recommendations

Hi, my friends name is Sam she works for the company with the soles, her email address is [email protected]

She knows I posted a thread on studentdoctor forum. So she'll hook u up w/ a good price! ;)

I work in a CVS and over there the pharmacists have stools, as well as a recliner hidden in the back for the not so busy times. It is a 24 hour store and the pharmacists do have 12 hour shifts.

I'm probably going to work at a store once I graduate with 8 hour days or in a hospital pharmacy. Also some placess give paid breaks also.

It can take trial and error to find the best shoe for ones own foot. Myself, I have found Klogs work the best, I've had a good luck with a couple of different models (I always get the higher end models, around $125.) Before I found Klogs I had a great deal of foot pain that would persist even on my days off. I've used Klogs for several years now, a pair will usually last me around 18 months (I do rotate pairs each day.) When my feet starting hurting, that is when I know its time to get a new pair.

I wore a cheap pair of 20 dollar dress shoes for awhile, but I found that it's more comfortable to just wear a pair of black Nikes to work.

I used to wear Rockports, then Crocs. I liked both brands but am looking for something else. I just ordered some Danskos, I have heard good things, hopefully they work out.

Has anyone tried those dr. Schols orthotic inserts?

Wearing a pair of $700 shoes. They feel great and they look nice too. Well worth the money

Johnston and Murphy.

I know of many Healthcare professionals (RPh's, MD's, etc) who own several pairs, as do I. Prices range from $100-300, and variety of casual to dress shoes all made from top quality leather and super comfortable. Once you buy one pair, you're hooked.

Johnston and Murphy.

I know of many Healthcare professionals (RPh's, MD's, etc) who own several pairs, as do I. Prices range from $100-300, and variety of casual to dress shoes all made from top quality leather and super comfortable. Once you buy one pair, you're hooked.