Best Study Material for MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Niikkiiii

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey friends,

Just wanted to know what study material you guys think is best for the MCAT, and what has worked well in your opinions. I was thinking of buying the Kaplan 7 book set (the newest version) but I've been hearing a lot of complaints about lack of proofreading and too many errors.

Anyways, I want to know what you guys would recommend or what are some good options.

Thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey friends,

Just wanted to know what study material you guys think is best for the MCAT, and what has worked well in your opinions. I was thinking of buying the Kaplan 7 book set (the newest version) but I've been hearing a lot of complaints about lack of proofreading and too many errors.

Anyways, I want to know what you guys would recommend or what are some good options.

Thanks. :)
Kaplan is the best. Take the prep course with video lectures/recordings.

Reactions: 1 user
Anything will work. Take a look around here and you'll find that each company has its own shortcomings and strengths. All of them will prepare you adequately for the MCAT although some might go around it in a more roundabout way. People have used just Khan Academy for the content review and have done great. What will set you apart is 1) how well you already know the material/how well you did in your pre-req courses and 2) how much practice you do in the form of practice passages (AAMC material as well as Khan Academy practice passages). Those are the highest yield material right there.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t think you could ever go wrong with the Kaplan book set, plus any and all of AAMC’s practice tests and question banks. Also, UWorlds question bank looks excellent, although it came out after my test date.

I prefer the Berkeley Review - tons of practice throughout, which helps you apply what you learn as you go.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Where do you live. I can give you my books. I have a full set of used latest edition exam kracker books and 3 of their again used latest edition 101 passages (cars, chem, physics) and one older 1001 physics questions. I love these. I just got accepted so I’m ready to part with them.

Closely read either the kapaln or princeton review book sets (I did PR), and then focus on practice exams. The MCAT tests reasoning and test-taking skills just as much as content, and the only way to really prepare is by practicing and seeing where you went wrong. You'll get better with more practice.