Best time to take MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

striker15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be finishing my prerequisites this spring semester. Is it wise to study through summer without taking classes and take the MCAT the start of fall semester? Thanks for the advice.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say June or earlier if you want to apply relatively early and also have a chance to retake if you are intent on apply this upcoming cycle.

Just my opinion though.

I'd say June or earlier if you want to apply relatively early and also have a chance to retake if you are intent on apply this upcoming cycle.

Just my opinion though.

standard advice....but I still recommend taking it when you are ready...

crappy scores are not good!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you a third-year? I'm assuming so. I'd recommend studying during the year if you're not taking an overly burdensome schedule and taking it in May or June. Just FYI, the last date you can take the exam to have your scores available on June 1 is May 1. I would take it ASAP to ensure that you're not sitting on your hands waiting for your scores to arrive.

That said, don't take it before you've put in some serious studying.

So your saying i should study through spring semester while taking my final prerequisites and take it early June?