Best way to do the SA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VitaminVater

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I left the SA for the final two weeks.
Should I finish off a section all at once or is it okay to cut it up?

I was thinking of doing this per day:
50~ questions from a PS section
40 from VR
50~ questions from a BS section

I thought it'd be like adding in extra tests but since they only give me the answers when I finish all the questions do you think it'd be best to just do a whole section a day so I have the answers right away?

Members don't see this ad.

I think of the SAs as a part of content review rather than AAMC practice material to predict performance.

I'd suggest taking the science portions straight through trying to keep within relatively accurate time limits.

For verbal, though.. since content review is.. well.. non-existent.. I think you're best using those in batches to practice VR (and gauge your target score).

Take a day and do X SA.. take the next day (or later that day) to review it. Reviewing it means going through each question + analyzing your results for trends.. are you weak in kinematics? etc. Then make a list of topics you NEED to review and start from the top.

I also really like the idea of re-visiting the SAs a few weeks later to make sure you have worked out the kinks on your weaknesses. Just make sure you know how to do the problems you guessed on or got incorrect earlier (I suggest a similar thing for FLs.. sucks to get a similar question on the real thing and not take advantage of your familiarity).

I think of the SAs as a part of content review rather than AAMC practice material to predict performance.

I'd suggest taking the science portions straight through trying to keep within relatively accurate time limits.

For verbal, though.. since content review is.. well.. non-existent.. I think you're best using those in batches to practice VR (and gauge your target score).

Take a day and do X SA.. take the next day (or later that day) to review it. Reviewing it means going through each question + analyzing your results for trends.. are you weak in kinematics? etc. Then make a list of topics you NEED to review and start from the top.

I also really like the idea of re-visiting the SAs a few weeks later to make sure you have worked out the kinks on your weaknesses. Just make sure you know how to do the problems you guessed on or got incorrect earlier (I suggest a similar thing for FLs.. sucks to get a similar question on the real thing and not take advantage of your familiarity).

Hmm well I still have 2 tests from EK 101 verbal, so I think I'll do something like:

Half X science section
Verbal test
Second half X science section