New Way For Studying For the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manutdhtx123

Reaction score
Hello, I have taken the MCAT twice (503 first try on 9/11/2021, 505 most recent on 3/25/2022). I am considering doing a masters and retaking the MCAT to increase my score heavily. However, on my last try I received a 511, 515, 519, 515 on my FL (retaken after about 6-7 months). Even though I know the validity was impacted due to retaking them, I still felt confident because I thought I had a solid grasp on the concept. The first try I did the 515 Princeton Review Course and second try I made Anki decks from Kaplan workbooks and UGlobe before moving to AAMC material. Since ive tried both of these ways I am looking for advice for learning a method to increase my score? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Use an MCAT company with individualized teaching. It is worth investment.
Do you recommend any specifically or know any companies? This is the first time I am hearing about these types of companies.

I studied on my own for my first take and did well on everything but CARS. I took a classroom course the second time (I was in the class before COVID cancelled the MCAT phweeew). I enjoyed the class, but it still comes down to you and how you look at things. I went up in CARS, and down slightly in one other score, so I can't say a course helped. Doing practice matters, especially AAMC. You should use materials that best reflect the current MCAT. I'd say well over half the questions I did outside of AAMC felt outdated, but I'm sure they still helped solidify content.