Best way to learn indirect vision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1TrickUnicorn

Future smilemaker
Reaction score
What's the best way to learn indirect vision? I'll be starting dental school next year and was thinking of learning indirect vision in the mean time.

Members don't see this ad.

Get a dental mirror and practice drawing animals or shapes on a piece of paper. Pretty soon you'll be able to move in the *flipped* direction without even thinking about it.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
honestly nothing you do is going to help you a ton imo... its very different than being in an actual mouth. When I was an assistant i thought i would have a leg up going into dental school because I was doing prophys with indirect vision but doing a prophy or just looking indirectly is way different from drilling with specific dimensions on the order of millimeters indirectly. Everyone struggles at first and within a week or two you get it down no matter how much previous experience you have.

Save your money for your loans or cut your hair in the mirror like mentioned above

Reactions: 2 users
Don't worry about that yet. You'll pick up pretty quick in school when you start working on mannequins and then the more you do it, the easier it'll be

1) get a tabletop mirror
2) get a coloring book & colored pencils
3) try to color inside the lines as best as possible using only indirect vision from the mirror

honestly nothing you do is going to help you a ton imo... its very different than being in an actual mouth.

This :-( but at least coloring is kinda fun

• Love
Reactions: 1 user