Best way to learn pharm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoctor1995

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the best way to learn pharmacology and approach pharm for the boards? I do well on the inclass exams pharm questions and exams but I feel that I am not going to retain it for the boards. Sketchypharm is not what I learn best with... Should i just stick with Sketchy flashcards and only learn pharm from my school notes? I am MS2 so we just started with all of pharm. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I found sketchy pharm really helpful along with pre made anki decks and doing board style questions

Reactions: 1 user
I initially loathed sketchy pharm. but the premade sketchy pharm decks in Zanki really are gold. There’s so much info here in those pictures. I only ever watched the videos once but the cards burned those pics into my mind forever and crush pharm in uworld.

Now I like sketchy pharm better than micro.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I personally am not a big fan of flash cards. I just watched the videos over and over and took notes.

Zanki Pharm will hammer it into your brain so you never forget it. This also helps with pimp questions on rounds 3rd year.

Zanki Pharm will hammer it into your brain so you never forget it. This also helps with pimp questions on rounds 3rd year.
Is it a bad idea to just use the flashcards and learn the information from some other source like class notes and Kaplan pharm and not Sketchy?

Is it a bad idea to just use the flashcards and learn the information from some other source like class notes and Kaplan pharm and not Sketchy?

Whatever helps you learn it go ahead. I will say I was very unimpressed by Kaplan’s materials

Reactions: 1 user