Best way to master anatomy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Neurosurgeon26

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I'm an aspiring surgeon (4th year), and while I've been decent at anatomy, I want to be able to master surgical anatomy before intern year. What resources do people use and what's worked the best?

I appreciate your time! Thanks.
 
For me it was putting it into perspective with the relevant anatomy for a given case--i.e., knowing what artery most often causes trigeminal neuralgia, and when doing a microvascular decompression the steps and anatomy encountered all the way down to the DREZ of CN V...and watching videos on YouTube and looking at surgery textbooks. As for neurosurgery, I like this resource:The Neurosurgical Atlas, by Aaron Cohen-Gadol, M.D.

A lot of the lectures are free! I don't know if other specialties have similar online guides like this.