Best way to study for fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MikeMerk-MtS

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

For those doing or have completed a pain fellowship, what is the best way to learn? Are there any great resources/textbooks/videos that are helpful? I am now about 1 month in and although the teaching is good at my program, I feel as though I haven't even touched the tip of the iceberg and am trying to figure out where to go from here.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

During the week, if you have time just read about the pain conditions you saw in clinic or the procedures you performed and its indications/medications you used. Over the weekend, read a chapter or two in benzon for further reading.

My fellowship had a board review built in - every Monday we did 25 questions correlating with a chapter or two in Benzon. We finished the book by the end of the year. Ended up doing well on SAE-P without extra studying.

Reactions: 1 users
In hindsight, I wish I would have spent more time reading the SIS Guidelines textbook.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Read up on the cases you see daily or weekly. Read the SIS guidlines book and maybe Furman's book to supplement. Read SDN.

Reactions: 1 user
furman if the needle is what concerns you.

if you want to learn about pain medicine - get Benzon's Essentials of Pain Medicine.