Better to go to GW or Georgetown if you want to do your residency at CNMC in DC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liger

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi y'all. Do you think it's better to go to G'Town or GW if you want to get a pediatric residency at children's? I know G'Town is ranked higher but GW does their pediatric rotations at childrens. Just curious what those of you already in your residencies think. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

liger said:
Hi y'all. Do you think it's better to go to G'Town or GW if you want to get a pediatric residency at children's? I know G'Town is ranked higher but GW does their pediatric rotations at childrens. Just curious what those of you already in your residencies think. Thank you!

Rank means nothing....We rotate all our peds stuff at Children's. You get to meet the residency directors in your 3rd year. Only 2 in our class ended up there, but they wanted to go there. If you go to GW and really want it, chances are you'll get it. I did nearly my whole 4th year there so you get to know it very well. then you can make the decision the best whether it's right for you or not!