Biggest mistake you have heard being made in retail?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well you will do what you will regardless of what I or anyone else here says. All I ask is that you remember that virtually every BOP has a character clause in their law book...please don't disgrace my profession for your own personal gain. With that, I wash my hands of this thread.
-Rouelle out
Same. It's like talking to a brick wall. Except the brick wall exists in an alternate dimension.

I don't understand how I can directly link to a post in June where an individual says, "I believe that X is true and correct!" yet they continue defending a supposed event fabricated in this thread where they insist "X is wrong and I attempted to sue my employer for X!"
It's just mind-numbing.

cαV outto.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
most cvs pharmacists have been wronged one way or another. 24-hr pharmacists for example worked like a slave without proper staffing. working 1-2 hours extra after shifts to complete tasks otherwise get yell at or fired by the supervisor. its part of a modern day slavery system. lets not even mention the people who come on their day off to work for free. at least that is how i see it with cvs pharmacies. now if you remember people picking cottons, u know how that turn out.

Sosoooo,

1) you think relabeling an expired drug magically lengthens the expiration date

2) you think a job that someone willingly works at, and which they can leave at anytime, is "slavary" (which involves someone being forced to do a job with no options to leave the job.)

I can't wait to see what other ridiculous beliefs you share next. Actually, I am scared for your patients to see what scary beliefs you share with us next. Even if you are just a pharmacy technician, the idea of you working with medicine is scary, I would not want to be the pharmacist who is responsible for your labeling up expired medication and pretending it's good medication.

And in case you didn't understand #2, let me explain it again. Regardless of your job title or your salary, you are NOT a slave. You are free to walk out and immediately quit. Have a baby. Collect public aid. Get a different job. Call your boss every epithet you can think of, knowing that he isn't going to punch or whip you (and if he does, he will be arrested.) You are free to do whatever you wish, even if it's crazy or illogical. You are NOT a slave.

Reactions: 5 users
Sosoooo,

1) you think relabeling an expired drug magically lengthens the expiration date

2) you think a job that someone willingly works at, and which they can leave at anytime, is "slavary" (which involves someone being forced to do a job with no options to leave the job.)

1) as i mentioned previously, thats not the full story. im reserving the rest. magic does not get u extrabucks. or in this case, millions of it.

2) with loans and market saturation, ppl cannot leave at anytime. slavery in modern day means working extra hours and working on days off without pay. that is my opinion of modern day slavery. please do not use the word slavery without the words "modern day." and this is part of the many resentments i have against this corporate bully.

Since no one wants to stay on topic, sosoo, I think your modern day slave = robots. Think about it, you do the bare minimum to keep them functioning, they work 24/7 (except for reboot/system updates), they do not get paid & have no human rights. They also take physical abuse & get sworn at consistently when they do something stupid.

Biggest mistakes often involve not watching every little thing a tech may or may not do (i.e. storing room temperature specialty items in the refrigerator, giving narcotic script bag to the wrong person, etc.)...mostly stuff you would never think to happen.

1) as i mentioned previously, thats not the full story. im reserving the rest. magic does not get u extrabucks. or in this case, millions of it.

2) with loans and market saturation, ppl cannot leave at anytime. slavery in modern day means working extra hours and working on days off without pay. that is my opinion of modern day slavery. please do not use the word slavery without the words "modern day." and this is part of the many resentments i have against this corporate bully.

Then open your own pharmacy.

Sounds like you just want to go to work, look at a couple scripts then chat with the staff the rest of the night. You are working for companies that are trying to make a profit. I can't imagine the complaining there would be when we didn't make six figures.

Modern Day does not change anything. Pretty sure there is still slavery in this "modern day." I guess you have it about as rough as all those people in sweat shops and those stuck in sex trafficking.

Modern Day does not change anything. Pretty sure there is still slavery in this "modern day." I guess you have it about as rough as all those people in sweat shops and those stuck in sex trafficking.
Somebody always has it worse. I think you guys know what that poster is trying to say. She's trying to say the way CVS treats employees is not right. I think people need to chill out on the slavery thing. It was a bad and offensive comparison but you guys know what she meant.

So many PC police on this forum.

I am having a flashback to seven years ago:
My Last day at CVS 7/16/09

Although at the time most people seemed to think I was the one off base, I guess times change.

You just don't have my undeniable swagger, old man. LOL.

Start posting .gifs of Michael Jordan dunking whenever you really wreck someone on here.

Also, I'm surprised Doctor M(inimum security) went against you. Wasn't he really PC?

I heard some pharmacists sell expired drugs.
Outside of this being illegal, unprofessional and against company policy; How bad is this from a patient health point of view? I have known independent pharmacists that have done this.

I can't see this killing or harming a patient. Please educate me.

(no i would never do this)

Outside of this being illegal, unprofessional and against company policy; How bad is this from a patient health point of view? I have known independent pharmacists that have done this.

I can't see this killing or harming a patient. Please educate me.

(no i would never do this)
Unlikely to manifest in a therapeutic issue, except for anticonvulsants or immune suppressants.

Um yeah right. That certainly isn't going to hold up in a court of law compared to your previous statements. You aren't a police officer, where you can legally go undercover and break the law (to a certain extent) in order to keep your cover. You are a pharmacy technician/intern, and while you might get a lighter sentence by being a witness for the prosecution, you aren't going to get full immunity when you knowingly (or at least you *should* have known) broke the law.

Wrong. People CAN and DO leave jobs they don't like. There is no debtor's prison. You will be hounded forever and have your wages garnished if you default on your student loans, BUT YOU ARE FREE TO DO SO!!! You can live homeless on the streets, get pregnant and live off welfare, do whatever you want. Now if you don't think being homeless or living off welfare is as good as a gig that you have going on right now....well that is evidence that you are hardly a slave, and willingly choosing the option that you think is better for you.

Outside of this being illegal, unprofessional and against company policy; How bad is this from a patient health point of view? I have known independent pharmacists that have done this. I can't see this killing or harming a patient. Please educate me. (no i would never do this)

Expired tetracycline becomes toxic and could potentially kill a patient (although I remember hearing somewhere that the more recent version of it is safer and not likely to do this?)

Reactions: 1 users
Expired tetracycline becomes toxic and could potentially kill a patient (although I remember hearing somewhere that the more recent version of it is safer and not likely to do this?)

I was just thinking of the infamous tetracycline. I hadn't heard anything about newer versions being less likely to do this.

You just don't have my undeniable swagger, old man. LOL.

Start posting .gifs of Michael Jordan dunking whenever you really wreck someone on here.

Also, I'm surprised Doctor M(inimum security) went against you. Wasn't he really PC?

Obviously I set myself up by suggesting I was being too PC in my post. Still it is interesting how differently the replies are 7 years later. Obviously I was ahead of my time. ;)

And Dr M was against me because it was him I was calling out. I don't really recall if he was PC or not tbh. :shrug:

Reactions: 1 users
Um yeah right. That certainly isn't going to hold up in a court of law compared to your previous statements. You aren't a police officer, where you can legally go undercover and break the law (to a certain extent) in order to keep your cover. You are a pharmacy technician/intern, and while you might get a lighter sentence by being a witness for the prosecution, you aren't going to get full immunity when you knowingly (or at least you *should* have known) broke the law.

Wrong. People CAN and DO leave jobs they don't like. There is no debtor's prison. You will be hounded forever and have your wages garnished if you default on your student loans, BUT YOU ARE FREE TO DO SO!!! You can live homeless on the streets, get pregnant and live off welfare, do whatever you want. Now if you don't think being homeless or living off welfare is as good as a gig that you have going on right now....well that is evidence that you are hardly a slave, and willingly choosing the option that you think is better for you.

Thanks for providing me some validation on that one.
I've been saying the tetracycline thing for years, but can never find any evidence.

I am remembering a detail about discoloration being an indicator

Isn't acetaminophen similar? I seem to remember from MedChem that it degrades into its toxic form.
Not to a clinically significant amount.

It does turn into the one with the two oxygens on the ring (can't remember the name of the metabolite) in the presence of EtOH

Not to a clinically significant amount.

It does turn into the one with the two oxygens on the ring (can't remember the name of the metabolite) in the presence of EtOH
N-acetyl-p-benzoquinone imine (NAPQI)

Someone dispensed prednisone instead of phenytoin, patient died of seizure