Bio-Chem-Physics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RICEman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am graduating in two weeks and I will have about a year to review biology, chemistry and physics. This is what I think I will do: work full time and review. I will also have take the two semester organic series( retake [got C first time last year] Lecture 1 = fall 06, then Lab/lec spring 07).

My problem is that I haven't had any general chemistry and general biology class for the last 2.5 years - so I've already forgotten almost everything. (I'm assuming bec I don't know which college biology,physics, and general chemistry are essential, relevant, and HELPFULL for the DAT).

It may sound like I have so much time to prepare, however, I have a family and I work full time. So, I guess I'm wondering if there are any AWESOME college books for Physics, Biology, Chemistry that I need to use to review - that is sort of DAT relevant. I am somewhat hessitant by just using the DAT reviewers like Kaplan...

WhaT is the best strategy to do VERY Well on the DAT (based on my background)?

Here's some info about me:
Physics 1& 2 = B & C calculus based (3 years ago)
Gen Chem 1 & 2 = B & C (2 years ago)
O Chem 1 = C (1 year ago, will repeat this year)

Final GPA = 3.2

Any suggestion/thougths from the experienced and veterans here?
Thanks

God bless

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

You have no reason to study for physics because it wont be on the DAT. Don't worry to much about your forgotten material, although it will be hazey youll learn it quicker then the first time you learned it. I am still in undergrad but started studying for the DAT knowing almost absolutely nothing (i use to be a late night crammer for my classes). I am actually still struggling with gen chem because half the time I dont have any clue on what they are asking me or talking about. I feel that to be succesfull on the DAT is just to do practice problems and learn from them.

Go through the kaplan book to refresh yourself or become more familiar with the material. After that you must practice practice PRACTICE.

I reviewed the kaplan book, now im doing DAT destroyer (which has been great), will be doing Topscore and DAT achiever.

Youll do great as long as you put your time and effort in, GOOD LUCK