Bio Destroyer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoct95

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. So I went through all of cliffs and feralis, and some questions from the destroyer are extremely detailed and go into biochem and specificities of different diseases... I'm sort of freaking out about it... how do I go about the questions that I have no idea how to solve? Do i just make note of the correct answer or keep digging into unlimited detail about the answer and all other answer choices in the question? Thanks for the help

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I would take notes on the mistakes you make so you know which areas to reinforce with more review later. You should review all the answer choices for questions in every resource you use if you aren't familiar with the topic/concept. It's a good way to expand the scope of your knowledge.

Reactions: 1 users
I would take notes on the mistakes you make so you know which areas to reinforce with more review later. You should review all the answer choices for questions in every resource you use if you aren't familiar with the topic/concept. It's a good way to expand the scope of your knowledge.
Thanks, it's just some of the topics are completely out of the scope of the cliff notes and feralis notes, so I'm so scared that I'll never be able to encompass the info i need to do well on the DAT. I have a very poor Bio background unfortunately.

Thanks, it's just some of the topics are completely out of the scope of the cliff notes and feralis notes, so I'm so scared that I'll never be able to encompass the info i need to do well on the DAT. I have a very poor Bio background unfortunately.

You will sometimes come across topics here and there that seem totally random and out of left field - don't let it overwhelm you. Just focus on learning those facts as they come up and move on. Cliff's covers enough information to form a pretty solid foundation - know that resource well and you will be covered for most of the DAT. The additional details from other resources will be helpful for achieving a very high score, but they're not an absolute necessity to do well enough on the DAT.

I'd try to keep a document with a list of facts for whenever you come across new material, that way you can track these extra details and memorize them at your convenience. Personally, I worked new content I came across into my notes for memorization purposes so if you're taking your own notes then just integrate that material directly.

Biology is a huge subject and truly knowing all of it can feel impossible. Doing well on the DAT's biology section is all about focusing on high yield material first and then memorizing whatever else you can. You'll never really cover all of it, but you don't need to.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
You will sometimes come across topics here and there that seem totally random and out of left field - don't let it overwhelm you. Just focus on learning those facts as they come up and move on. Cliff's covers enough information to form a pretty solid foundation - know that resource well and you will be covered for most of the DAT. The additional details from other resources will be helpful for achieving a very high score, but they're not an absolute necessity to do well enough on the DAT.

I'd try to keep a document with a list of facts for whenever you come across new material, that way you can track these extra details and memorize them at your convenience. Personally, I worked new content I came across into my notes for memorization purposes so if you're taking your own notes then just integrate that material directly.

Biology is a huge subject and truly knowing all of it can feel impossible. Doing well on the DAT's biology section is all about focusing on high yield material first and then memorizing whatever else you can. You'll never really cover all of it, but you don't need to.
You made me feel alot better man i really appreciate it! :)