Bio question!!! Will this be enough

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

halakkala

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello.

I plan on using EK 1001 and EK books for bio. I have done most of TPR book + TPRH last year, but I plan on re-doing them.

From what I've read from the Mar 27th thread, BS is getting a lot harder and specific. Thus, do you guys think it will be enough to only do EK and TPR for bio review?

Everyone seems like they're using TBR, so Im not sure whether to get those books or not.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

hello.

I plan on using EK 1001 and EK books for bio. I have done most of TPR book + TPRH last year, but I plan on re-doing them.

From what I've read from the Mar 27th thread, BS is getting a lot harder and specific. Thus, do you guys think it will be enough to only do EK and TPR for bio review?

Everyone seems like they're using TBR, so Im not sure whether to get those books or not.

Thanks.

It is not specific and it isn't harder. It is passage based. However, the discretes were specific. EK biology had everything, I failed to read it. The 4 discretes I missed I looked up all of the answers in EK Bio. Just go through EK Bio and you'll be fine.

EK Bio + EK Bio 1001 is a pretty good combo. Use it if you've bought the books. However, the most recent tests have BS passages more inline with BR Bio. If you haven't bought the EK books, I suggest you use TPRH for content review and pick up BR Bio for its passages.

Last edited:
It is not specific and it isn't harder. It is passage based. However, the discretes were specific. EK biology had everything, I failed to read it. The 4 discretes I missed I looked up all of the answers in EK Bio. Just go through EK Bio and you'll be fine.

This. I took the 1/29 MCAT FYI.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. Just wondering if tprh BS section is passage based? Is it realistic to the MCAT, similar to TBR? thanks.

Hi, not trying to be ignorant, but what does the H stand for in TPRH?
I just finished TPR course and am using EK (review and 1001) as well.

It probably will be enough.....

the change that I have been seeing over the last several yrs is that the MCAT has become another verbal section on BS material...you have to use the passage to get the answers and some of the passages can get pretty wild and confusing.....

BR was the best I saw that looked like that. Their passages were great to help prepare for that. Wish I had done more....

The discretes are straight forward....EK would be for that and general working knowledge....

I also think the BR content is way too detailed and not that helpful...very biochem focused....which I did not see on the MCAT both times I took it.