Bio why so hard?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xaznxcountx

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the Bio portion of the DAT is it hard because there is too much information to cover and you might have forgotten a few things on the test that you studied before, or is it sooooo broad that you have never even encountered anything of that nature before.

Members don't see this ad.

For the Bio portion of the DAT is it hard because there is too much information to cover and you might have forgotten a few things on the test that you studied before, or is it sooooo broad that you have never even encountered anything of that nature before.

The proverbial difficulty of the Bio section comes from the vastness of questions they can ask you. If one studies Schaums, Campbell use wiki then that person should be fine.

yea there's just soooooo much material covered in bio that if you're not on top of your game, you'll get lost in the sea of information and it'll get hard for you to figure out which areas are your weakness and that might get you on the actual exam. main thing is to know when going over everything, which areas are your weakness and make sure to go over that material over and over until it becomes ingrained. that's what really helped me do well in the Bio section. btw, as poster above stated, wikipedia is immensely helpful. anytime something is not clear, don't brush it off. Use wiki to clear up any doubts you have while reviewing. if you have any more questions feel free to ask =)

Members don't see this ad :)
I started at ground zero...I forgot all my bio that I took in high school and my recent bio classes. IMO, just start at the place you hate the least (assuming you hate it all like me). For me it was Evolution and cell bio. Then just work your way down to hormones :mad:...
There is so much info, half (if not more) my studying for the DAT will be Bio.

Yeh man the bio is hard in the aspect that there's so much damn info you have to know. BUT the difficulty level is very simple and general..there's only a few hard conceptual ones (from the bio questions I looked at).

I also started from bare scratch and read Cliff's AP Bio + Kaplan simultaneously (they compensate for eachother VERY VERY WELL). Read it slowly, take notes, and make sure you retain the information the first time (the best time to learn it). After going through the whole book you'll be exposed to almost all the bio words you can run into.