Bio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Premed315U

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks to everyone for their great advice on this board.

I'm kind of concerned now over a possible B+ in bio. I'm concerned only because my other premed bio course was also a B+. My other science courses are all As and A-s, but mostly As. Are ADCOMs going to see B+s in bios worse than let's say a B+ in something like physics since med school is primarily bio? I'm a bio major but my other bio major classes are research other chem-type bio classes that count for the major but not for the premed bio req. So, my science GPA is high but my biopremed requirement is only 3.33.

thank you.
 
I don't think a B+ in bio will hurt you much, and I also don't think med schools weigh bio more heavily than other sciences... they want to know if you can handle tough concepts in physics and organic - the rest they can teach you in med school.

Besides, they take your science GPA, they don't break it down into the premed req GPA and the rest of your science GPA.

Just try your best, it sounds like your grades are fine. Good luck.

-ln
 
you are freaking out. don't freak out. don't try to seperate your bio grades from your chem grades from your physics grades. it is all lumped together and called "science GPA". it doesn't matter. they are looking at everything. and they know that bio classes are hard. just try to do well in your courses. bye
 
I didn't have that problem in bio, but if I were you I would take another uper level bio course and ace it. You might have a hard time explaning the "A" in upper level and B's in bio I and II to the adcoms, but I think its worth it. Just my $0.02
Good luck
Steve