biocehm and physiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

littlephiLLy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi i'm new here and have a few questions. i am a marine bio major at SUNY stony brook and biocehm and physiology are not classes for my major, but i have a feeling it would be wise to take them before the MCAT. has anyone taken the MCAT without taking these classes prior to the exam? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I never took a real biochem class. However, I did take physiology, and I do think it is an important class (i.e. i reccommend taking it). Although to be honest, if you get a review book (like Princeton Review), it'll teach you everything you need to know for the MCAT. The good thing about taking these classes before the MCAT is that you won't stress as much as people who have never seen the material before.

They will help you a little on the MCAT and when you get in med school you'll be a little more prepared. But I would recommend physiology if for no other reason than it's a very interesting subject and arguably the basis for alot of medicine. Biochem just sucks (sorry biochem majors, but it's true).

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't take either prior to the MCAT. I think that physiology would have been helpful, particularly with my MCAT version.

yeah I am going to take the Princeton REview class regardless.. in my school i have heard physiology to be a difficult class and i'd like to take in during a summer session.