Biochem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kitty84

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took biochem this semester and too bad I bombed it. I ended up getting a B+. I had 5 classes and conducted research this semester. I was so busy that I did not have enough time to spend on anything. There were too many exams and papers at once. I ended up with three A's, one A- and a sucky B+ in Biochem. I have felt so bad since I saw the grade this morning, but it's too late to withdraw or do anything now. I just want to cry. I don't know what I should do. Is it a really bad grade for Biochem? I am getting frustrated. Any advice? :confused: I feel bad. I will never take 5 classes at once again, not ever again I promise; they were all tough. I'm scared and worried that I will not be able to handle classes in the future. :( I just get frustrated easily...

Members don't see this ad.

If you consider a B+ bombing a class I highly suggest loosening up a little bit.

A B+ is not a bad thing. You did the best you could this semester, and that's all that counts. You did well in your other classes, so you shouldn't beat yourself up for that.

Everybody is not born to be perfect. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, if a B+ impacted you THAT much, I would think you would be trying to figure out how to better time management and do better, rather than coming on a forum to vent about it. Since it does seem that you are a bit hard on yourself, you should be reflecting on what you need to change in the future to be able to get the grades that you want.

With that said, a B+ isn't really that bad. Just keep your head up, and keep looking toward the future. You're fine.

Are you serious?

A B+ is fine! geez.

Yeah, seriously you need to relax. A B+ is no big deal, especially the first one in your entire life! Sheez!! Stress about more important things.

I took biochem this semester and too bad I bombed it. I ended up getting a B+ plus. I had 5 classes and conducted research this semester. I was so busy that I did not have enough time to spend on each class. I only had a little bit time for each class since there were too many exams and too many papers were due at once. I ended up with three As, one A- and a sucky B+ in Biochem. I have felt so bad since I saw the grade this morning, but it's too late to withdraw or do anything now. I just want to cry. I don't know what I should do. Is it a really bad grade for Biochem? I am getting frustrated somehow. Any advice? :confused: I feel bad. I will never take 5 classes at once again, not ever again I promise; they were all tough. I'm scared and getting worried that I will not be able to handle classes in the future. :( Please, please give me some advice. I just get frustrated easily...

If you are looking for sympathy, you get none from me. You whaaaat, bombed it ? You got a B+, give us a break, I mean we all like to get A's but it's not like getting a rare B+ would permanently prevent you from ever being admitted to pharm schools. People with 2.8 GPA's got interviews at the best pharmacy school in the nation - UCSF, so clearly, grades aren't everything. I'd get a hold of myself and stop being a drama queen.

Sorry for the harsh post, but I'm just in awe.

I would hate to see your reaction if you make a "F". Everybody better steer clear.

I agree with everybody's comment. Take care of yourself. You need to be more flexible with your perception on grades, a B+ is not going to hurt your GPA. You kinda remind me of my friend's brother who shot himself because he got a D in a chemistry quiz. First D in his life too.

I took biochem this semester and too bad I bombed it. I ended up getting a B+ plus. I had 5 classes and conducted research this semester. I was so busy that I did not have enough time to spend on each class. I only had a little bit time for each class since there were too many exams and too many papers were due at once. I ended up with three As, one A- and a sucky B+ in Biochem. I have felt so bad since I saw the grade this morning, but it's too late to withdraw or do anything now. I just want to cry. I don't know what I should do. Is it a really bad grade for Biochem? I am getting frustrated somehow. Any advice? :confused: I feel bad. I will never take 5 classes at once again, not ever again I promise; they were all tough. I'm scared and getting worried that I will not be able to handle classes in the future. :( Please, please give me some advice. I just get frustrated easily...

A B+ in biochem is a pretty good grade especially if you earned that while taking four other classes. So i'd be proud if i were you. But I understand why you're upset. Getting a B+ after getting A's all the time (i am guessing other semesters too) can be a bit disheartening. Kinda like messing up your perfect record. I went through this around this time last year too. So coming from someone who has been there, don't sweat it. Having a straight A record doesn't guarantee success.

Umm....get over it.

Umm....get over it.

Agreed. I'd like to say keep your chin up little buddy, try harder and you'll do fine and all the other cliches...but I just can't. This is one of the more ridiculous posts I've seen in a while! I mean, are you serious or are you just trying to waste peoples time? People have much bigger worries than you.

Wow...give me a break.

You need to calm down, chill out , or something?!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed. I'd like to say keep your chin up little buddy, try harder and you'll do fine and all the other cliches...but I just can't. This is one of the more ridiculous posts I've seen in a while! I mean, are you serious or are you just trying to waste peoples time? People have much bigger worries than you.

Sorry, looking back, I may have been a little harsh....but you will NEVER make it through pharmacy school if you're already getting all worked up over a B+. I'll be thrilled to death if I can maintain straight B+'s through pharmacy school! That's a 3.3 gpa!

I love B+'s.

Mission accomplished if I can get all B+'s

Relax.

IMO, If you study your *** off and can't get the your expected grade, it's ok to be upset...:) I am having Biochem test next week? It's a hard class. You should be pround with B+. I can understand you feeling.. If I study too much this weekend and I don't get A, I would be upset too... You just have to move on.. :) Good luck !!!

But as other people said, grade is not everything in your life.. :)

quick! someone call the waahhhhhhhhhbulance!

C'mon, you really mean to tell me you think a B+ is bombing something? I can understand if you've never settled for B's, but this is college and most people are very happy to get Bs.

I wish we could boot people for stupid posts like this one.

are you freakin serious? GET OVER IT.

I think you should take the class over again. And this time NO SLACKING! Spend all your time studying, there is no excuse for making such a sucky grade.

How can intelligent people be so idiotic?:cool:

Oh. My. God. You got a B+??? YOU suck!!! You SHOULD feel bad. How disappointing!

It is okay to feel disappointed about your grade despite all of the comments on here that say it isn't. You wanted an A and you got a B and that is a bummer that many of us have felt before (I'm still bitter about my B in Organic II). I am a very big offender of feeling just the way you described. I hope that there is hope for us because let's get real, we are not going to make straight A's through pharmacy school without giving ourselves a heartattack. I don't have any real advice because I will be needing this advice for myself also!

You bombed a class b/c you got a B+ !?? Cry me a river, build a bridge and then get over it. A B+ is a totally acceptable grade.

I'm sure everyone CAN relate to their first B, first C, and even their first D.

But I do agree that you should loosen up. It's good to be strict with yourself, only with high expectations do you get high and successful results. But if something doesn't go as you planned, just take a deep breath and move on. It's part of life, and trust me, there will be sooo many harder obstacles along the way. And I can tell you that, now that I've started pharmacy school, B+s make me HAPPY :)

seriously. if you're just worried about not getting in because of a b+, don't be. i got a c+ in physiology, which is a prereq, and still got into 2 of 3 schools. biochem's not a prereq yet at a lot of schools and a b+ is a fine/good grade.

Thank everybody. I have calmed down after a couple days, but still a little bit bitter. I don't care anymore, I already got it, so I will live with it. I cannot change the past anyway. Life sucks.

Blue Crayon and Rx Wildcat: I am not male.:rolleyes:

WARNING: the advice you are about to read is brutal but honest.

Let me guess, you're an Asian girl that must get straight A's to be accepted by her parents. Unfortunately, the A- coupled with the B+ makes you look like a failure. So, to make yourself feel better you come onto an anonymous, online forum to vent. I have several things to say about your post/thread.
If you're going to vent, use proper syntax/diction. I counted a couple of run on sentences and I never knew there was a grade "B+ plus." Does that mean it's between a 3.7 and 4.0? (3.85 grade points?) Did you really think you were the ONLY student taking "5 classes" and "conducting research" last semester? Last time I checked, the students who were serious about pharmacy school were taking at least 6-7 classes and doing research for more than one professor. Oh, and pulling straight A's, of course.

Who are you promising to on never taking 5 classes again? The online strangers who are reading this? Obviously, if you can't get straight A's with 5 classes, try taking one class / semester until you can (for sure) get straight A's.

B+ is not bombing a class. Get over your
self and your own "sob story." I'm not sure how this qualifies as a sob story, but for you... it must be. Here's a picture to make yourself feel better.

0c5fd3ede58f483b2ca5514c1704d104.jpg

Tip for the semester:
1. Stop trying to make
people feel sorry for you - on getting a B+ plus.
2. Get over yourself and realize this isn't the end of the world.
3. Go get laid.

4. If you capitalize the "B" in Biochem, stay consistent in your paragraph; don't use a lowercase "b."

the OP has no where the maturity level to be a pharmacist if she says life sucks cuz a B+ in Biochem:thumbdown:

Thank everybody. I have calmed down after a couple days, but still a little bit bitter. I don't care anymore, I already got it, so I will live with it. I cannot change the past anyway. Life sucks.

Blue Crayon and Rx Wildcat: I am not male.:rolleyes:

Thank god because if you were male, I would have told you to grow a pair of gonads.

Other than that, congrats on your b+, i'm sure 80 percent of your classmates would die to be in your shoes.:hardy:

We are all under a lot of stress right now so let's just all allow each other to vent when we need to.

It makes me laugh that a B+ would be considered bombing?! I enjoy making A's and somewhat anal about making straight As but biochem is a VERY hard class! Over half of my biochem class had dropped by the end of the course and my instructor called the remaining students survivors because most people can't even SURVIVE biochem!! I think you should be pleased with your B and take pride in it!

Biochem will kick my bum tomorrow!:D It's going to be a very painful day but I'm looking forward to just getting it over with. :laugh:

To the OP, I remember getting my first B+, it wasn't a party but it taught me how to let go a little. Now that I don't have a 4.0, life is so much less stressful. :cool:

Just got out of the exam. I will get A in Biochem if I didn't make bubbling mistake.
Woo.. Hoo... Got A and then so what??? Nothing changed..:( I could have spent those time hang out with my friends/family... Sometimes, trying too hard to get a good grade is just an empty goal. :love:

hahaha I just checked my grades. It turned out an A-, not B+. It's still not an A, but much better than a B+. I feel a little bit better now :laugh:

HEY----------------YOU------------> RxPharmDSoon2Be

DO NOT post that multi-colored abomination EVER AGAIN...

Its painful to the eyes - and generally speaking - annoying

~above~