Biochemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I didn't take biochemistry and only applied to Dental school that didn't require this course. Should I review the material myself before D1?

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't take biochemistry and only applied to Dental school that didn't require this course. Should I review the material myself before D1?

don't bother.... dental school biochem is alot "simpler" than undergrad, only difference is, you cover ALOT more information in shorter time.

Since you don't know whats important and whats going to be covered, its worthless to even try.

Absolutely not. For starters, you wouldn't know exactly what's going to be covered and in what detail at your particular school. Your free time before dental school is probably the last, great opportunity you're going to have before you retire. Travel, relax, work on a hobby, etc. and you'll be glad you did, trust me.

And as a note on "pre-studying": it's entirely useless. Unless you manage to pre-study the entirety of your school's curriculum, whatever head start you give yourself is going to disappear eventually. At some point, you're going to have to be able to learn the material at the pace at which it is taught. Admissions committees pride themselves (and do a very good job) on selecting candidates who will be able to do just that. If you got in, you'll be able to handle it. Like I said, your precious free time before school starts is a terrible thing to waste.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering the same! Just got accepted and don't need biochem to graduate, so I will likely take a fairly easy last courseload before graduation and not even worry about it!