Biology classes do you wish you would've taken?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cofo

Super Cool Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am undecided on which biology classes I am going to take. I know I am going to take zoology, botany, princliples of biology 1, and principles of biology 2. ...What BIOLOGY classes do you wish that you would have taken, that would have helped you do better on the DAT?
What classes really helpedd you score well on the DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Plant Physiology. I took it, not realizing the teacher was a plant Nazi, and just ended up shooting myself in the foot. Go for plant taxonomy for your Botany requirement (if you have to take any). You will never need to know the names of every protien in the entire photosynthesis process for 3 different cycles. Just the basics will do for the DAT. If your school offers a Predental class, TAKE IT! Anatomy is a good one, some schools may require it soon. Also Histology is good and biochem is good but can be difficult at times. Try to avoid extremly difficult classes that don't relate to dentistry, as these tend to hurt youe GPA.:luck:

I took endocrinology and it really helped me on the DAT.

courses I wish I could have fit into my schedule were Evolution and Microorganisms. A class that I would have taken if it were offered (it was listed but rarely offered) was Dinosauria.

I wish I would have taken less. :)