Biology online in summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tahi193

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a university that has Biology courses online during the summer? Or has anyone done this in the past? They're really hard to find, for obvious reasons, but I need to get a Bio elective in. No lab required and it doesn't really matter what the course is. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know of a university that has Biology courses online during the summer? Or has anyone done this in the past? They're really hard to find, for obvious reasons, but I need to get a Bio elective in. No lab required and it doesn't really matter what the course is. Thanks!

sounds like you're looking to get the easiest bio class and get it done with as fast as possible... idk of any colleges like that, but if you're applying to pharmacy school, i dont know how hot an online, few-week summer bio course will look when you're going head to head with people who took full bio semesters or full bio years.

I did physiology through West Hills College in California. The school has an agreement that it counts just the same as an in-class course, so it won't even say "online" on your transcript or anything. You could try that or something similar to that where it counts just the same.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did several pre-reqs through www.athabascau.ca through correspondence. It is recognized by all of the schools I applied to, and it's reasonable for tuition. You also have a 6-month window to complete 3 credit hour courses (12 months for 6 c.h.), but you can do it as fast as you want. I did economics in 2 weeks through them without a problem.

Thanks to both of you! I'll definitely look into both of those. I'm not sure if canadian schools will transfer very easily but it's worth a shot!

Rhino, thanks for your concern. I've successfully completed Genetics and Molecular Biology, Cell and Developmental Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, both Organics, Micro, Biochemistry, etc at my university. There are issues of graduating on time and I need a 3 hour Bio elective that may be unrelated to pharmacy school entirely.